Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1814 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Installed my new air dam, had to grow a third arm to get it done. I'll need to wait on the right side gasket untill GM manufactures a new batch. Started to install my trunk lights, decided to use the truck bed lights from advanced. Used the same ones for the floorpan lights, plenty bright. Ordered a backup camera with night vision and 2 small wireless hubs to go with it, still need a mirror and pins.

I'm on vaca this week trying to fill the time in. I have some mocking up to do. I want to use contact paper to make the 2 small grilles into one, to see the real thing. I received my led's and sockets while on the road, going to weld in the yellow turn signals on the fender and install 2 led's one marker and one turn signal. Washing and waxing along with cleaning the garage out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum & trying to figure out how to use it but I keep getting blocked.... there watching me to see if I'm a spammer or not.... I'm not. I have a 2008 convertible base, owned for 6 months now. I'd ;ove to find other owners in central FL., are there any clubs down here? would love to join forces with others & do a ride sometime. Oh yesterday, I back to blacked the honeycomb thing on the rear of my car... it was a pain but it looks so much better.

·
Registered
413 Posts
1) Did my first oil change on this car.
2) Washed it.
3) on my way out of Advance Auto Parts I got flagged down by a fellow driver who's GXP looked the spitting image of mine. He is a great guy and very enthusiastic about the car. We spent good deal of time trading notes on the cars and I told him about this forum. (I'm on the right side)

GODROD
Solo Dio

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just drove her into work this morning, and now have to make a hard choice. :brentil:
I could 1. build the le5, N/A with an overall goal of 220 hp at the crank and keep it in the safe zone. 2. i could slap a turbo on it from hahn.. or 3. Supercharge it :(. they all sounds so good to me i don't know what to do :willy:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had a DDM Stage III supercharger system that I installed on my car before I had the V8 put in. I highly recommend that system if you stay with the stock engine. If you decide to go that route, I could help you install it We are neighbors, I believe.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
to my understanding the 06-07 had forged internals, my car is sold as an 08 model, but rolled out of the factory 07 07, so i need to check and see what internals i have. I love taking long drive, the supercharger won't get heatsoak on a 2.5+ hour drive? I was thinking about doing an Ls1 swap, but the power gains from it, can be achieved with a turbo or even a supercharger, so it's not really worth it in my opinion unless i would go with an ls3. I also thought about a 2jz swap, but after reading about the crankwalk these babies get i want to steer clear of them until later on. I love the sound of the supercharger, and the fact that it's instant boost. the heatsoak is a major concern. i've heard horror stories about the cobalts and the blower just staking a dump on them. A good friend of mine had a stage 2 cobalt SS and the poor thing didn't stand a chance. I want to avoid catastropic engine failure. i understand that with modifications that this is always something that can happen, but with the right tune, and proper maint. It doesn't have to. I gotta do some serious thinking about this. Did you ever expereince any issues cooper1340s ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I never had any problems with the supercharger. Car drove great and cruised just fine. The performance enhancement made the car really fun to drive and I had zero issues with it. Pover is there from idle up and there is no lag. for street driving, the supercharger is superior in response to a turbo. Turbo will give you more power at high rpm, which I did not need on the street. I put 20,000 miles on the engine with the supercharger on it with zero problems. I just like the torque and sound of a V8, that is why I replaced the supercharged four with a LS3/480.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Storage? I don't see that happening for another month or so. I've been "informed" that I'm washing the Sol so the boss can take it for a spin today after work (64 and sunny in the forecast.) This, of course, is necessary because she was caught in a downpour on Sunday.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I never had any problems with the supercharger. Car drove great and cruised just fine. The performance enhancement made the car really fun to drive and I had zero issues with it. Pover is there from idle up and there is no lag. for street driving, the supercharger is superior in response to a turbo. Turbo will give you more power at high rpm, which I did not need on the street. I put 20,000 miles on the engine with the supercharger on it with zero problems. I just like the torque and sound of a V8, that is why I replaced the supercharged four with a LS3/480.
I will pm you some more question about this. thank you or your input

·
Registered
57 Posts
I made up this shorty intake using spare parts I had laying around. It really didnt change anything sound or performance wise, but it cleaned up the engine bay nicely so I'll leave it in.

I also did a quickie photo shoot with my two GM babies! Unfortunately they both have to stay outside until I get around to building my "Man Cave" garage! lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I made up this shorty intake using spare parts I had laying around. It really didnt change anything sound or performance wise, but it cleaned up the engine bay nicely so I'll leave it in.

I also did a quickie photo shoot with my two GM babies! Unfortunately they both have to stay outside until I get around to building my "Man Cave" garage! lol

very nice where did the pipe come from?

41 - 60 of 1814 Posts