Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1703 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
very nice where did the pipe come from?
I bought it from autozone probably 8yrs ago, its been on three or four cars since then. For this application I hacksawed about 8" off the long end. I didnt have any problems with the 3" elbow fitting the 2.75" TB, it clamped down just fine and it sealed all the way around. However It would be best to buy the correct 2.75" to 3" elbow.

update: I just talked to my friend that is a manager at autozone. They still stock this intake, its made by Spectre.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I bought it from autozone probably 8yrs ago, its been on three or four cars since then. For this application I hacksawed about 8" off the long end. I didnt have any problems with the 3" elbow fitting the 2.75" TB, it clamped down just fine and it sealed all the way around. However It would be best to buy the correct 2.75" to 3" elbow.

update: I just talked to my friend that is a manager at autozone. They still stock this intake, its made by Spectre.
thank you. stopping there after work :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
bought a kicker cvt 10" shallow mount subwoofer, 2 mdf board spacer rings, and the monsoon rear partition panel/waterfall, and also customized my monsoon enclosure.

If interested, be on the lookout the next few days for my complete thread!!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
bought a kicker cvt 10" shallow mount subwoofer, 2 mdf board spacer rings, and the monsoon rear partition panel/waterfall, and also customized my monsoon enclosure.

If interested, be on the lookout the next few days for my complete thread!!!
Sounds like you're doing something similar to what I did recently with my sub setup. I put an Alpine SWR-T10 thin 10" sub into my monsoon enclosure. I put some second skin dampener on the contoured portions of the back, and a slab of dynamat on the top flat portion above the sub.

I stacked 2 3/4" MDF rings, polyurethane glued them together, and then epoxied the rings to the box. I used silicone to make sure it was air tight.

I'm powering the Alpine sub with a Rockford Fosgate 800a2 900W x 1 mounted behind the driver's seat. The Soundstream Reference 500SX 250W x 2 powers the front Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" woofers, also mounted on stacked MDF rings. There's a third amp (Alpine MRV-F540) in the trunk to power the tactile transducer in my seat (200W x 1), and the rear Aura 4" speakers. (100W x 2)

Take pics and let us know how it goes.:thumbs:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sounds like you're doing something similar to what I did recently with my sub setup. I put an Alpine SWR-T10 thin 10" sub into my monsoon enclosure. I put some second skin dampener on the contoured portions of the back, and a slab of dynamat on the top flat portion above the sub.

I stacked 2 3/4" MDF rings, polyurethane glued them together, and then epoxied the rings to the box. I used silicone to make sure it was air tight.

I'm powering the Alpine sub with a Rockford Fosgate 800a2 900W x 1 mounted behind the driver's seat. The Soundstream Reference 500SX 250W x 2 powers the front Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" woofers, also mounted on stacked MDF rings. There's a third amp (Alpine MRV-F540) in the trunk to power the tactile transducer in my seat (200W x 1), and the rear Aura 4" speakers. (100W x 2)

Take pics and let us know how it goes.:thumbs:
EXACT SAME THING that I'm working on now :) but I have painted my mdf rings black :cool: just because I like painting!

I have a couple questions for you...

First, what is the stuff inside your box?

Second, (I ASSume you have the monsoon waterfall/partition panel), so did you have to cut out anything on the monsoon waterfall or did everything fit in good? I have added the monsoon to my non-monsoon SOL and have the monsoon waterfall on order now.

Be on the lookout, I will most likely PM you any more questions I have just so we don't hijack this thread! I get on this forum all the time so I'm a quick responder :cool:

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I have a couple questions for you...

First, what is the stuff inside your box?

Second, (I ASSume you have the monsoon waterfall/partition panel), so did you have to cut out anything on the monsoon waterfall or did everything fit in good?

Be on the lookout, I will most likely PM you any more questions I have just so we don't hijack this thread! :cool:
:huh: Why not just start another thread on this topic that you are interested in. :confused:
Other members including myself would like to know more about the larger woofer speaker fitment behind the waterfall back panel. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Just received Norms GXP splitter for an eventual NA to GXP fascia replica.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Today I found out my Fujita cold-air intake is not legal and could not get a smog cert. Had to order all the parts from gmpartsdirect.com for a total of $133 plus shipping and handling. Last weekend I replaced both broken door handles. I'm still having fun!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Today I found out my Fujita cold-air intake is not legal and could not get a smog cert. Had to order all the parts from gmpartsdirect.com for a total of $133 plus shipping and handling. Last weekend I replaced both broken door handles. I'm still having fun!
That's tuff to believe, it's only an airbox, right, a CAI, and all the smog plumbing is still attached as it should be? Did he happen to quote you the CVC covering it's use?

·
Registered
175 Posts
That's tuff to believe, it's only an airbox, right, a CAI, and all the smog plumbing is still attached as it should be? Did he happen to quote you the CVC covering it's use?
I'm not following your question. What's tuff to believe? The cost of replacing the CAI with the original parts or that I couldn't get a smog certificate with what turns out to be an uncertified CAI?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I polished and painted my headlights and painted the grills. I want to paint the windshield surround, door handles, and wheels gunmetal too.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,234 Posts
I did nothing to the Solstice today, or for the last week, since I am waiting for the dealer to find me a new wheel stud, wheel nut and axle nut. The axle nut and wheel nut were in stock, the wheel stud seems to be made out of unobtainium, as far as GM parts warehouses are concerned. They did find one at another dealer and are getting it shipped in. It's currently in transit. Once that repair is done, it's time for its annual oil change and then it's bedding down for the winter. (I probably should change the battery since this one is original equipment and now more than 7 years old.)

61 - 80 of 1703 Posts