Registered
292 Posts
DaveOC,
Go to a dry cell. Get the acid out.
LLLFLY

·
Super Moderator
16,205 Posts
I did nothing to the Solstice today, or for the last week, since I am waiting for the dealer to find me a new wheel stud, wheel nut and axle nut. The axle nut and wheel nut were in stock, the wheel stud seems to be made out of unobtainium, as far as GM parts warehouses are concerned. They did find one at another dealer and are getting it shipped in. It's currently in transit. Once that repair is done, it's time for its annual oil change and then it's bedding down for the winter. (I probably should change the battery since this one is original equipment and now more than 7 years old.)
I have several spares if you have trouble finding one

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,426 Posts
I have several spares if you have trouble finding one
Thanks Rob, I picked it up yesterday, along with the two nuts I need, and have all three sitting on the front seat of the Sol awaiting a trip to my dealer later in the week. My dealer's parts guy said he got it direct from the manufacturer.

I really appreciate the offer, though, and you demonstrate the real value of this forum. in offering to share your parts in order to get another's car back on the road. :dthumbs:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Drove it, and am currently looking for a replacement LE5 word to the wise... 2008+ really don't like boost -__-. Hoping to have her running again by thursday.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah..me too, but I did take it out for a spin and showed some whippersnapper in a red camero who owned the road this afternoon. Don't mess with us grannys in our kappas! :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
nothing wrong with cutting your grass lol. Meet in Ocala was awesome. it was nice to meet some fellow sol/sky members. Took the hood off, and getting ready to remove the head.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Changed the oil (OMS at 1% - after 7,200 miles) and rotated the tires this morning. Took me about 2 hours but I like to savor the little maintenance I can do myself and I'm very careful not to scratch or ding anything. A towel laid over the fender is a good idea I've found.

·
Super Moderator
16,205 Posts
Took a couple of pictures of the garage. Installed 3 more security cameras too LOL.

I am considering putting up a web cam when I start taking the car apart for the winter installs. Will see.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 1814 Posts