Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1688 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
eye looked outside to make sure mine was still asleep under it's blanket nice and snug in the car port.I assume it's dreaming it has a turbo...or 2 so it could outrun my bug.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,192 Posts
When I posted the pic it showed up just fine in the preview???
I suspect that it may have something to do with headers.

This forum, and all of the Autoguide forums are now using https:// encoding, while the tinypic site is using http:// encoding. I'd have to do a bunch of testing to see if that is the case, so, for now, that is just a guess.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I did the side marker / turn signal mod. Quick and easy. What's next.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It was Saturday, but I gave her a good bath and wax. Adjusted the e-brake.
Nothing major but I do enjoy tinkering with her.

Btw, my wife calls her my mistress and my daughters new stepmom.
😁

·
Registered
67 Posts
Changed the differential fluid and added the additive, I was getting the infamous chatter at 43K kilometres. So easy, didn't even have to lift the car. 20 minute job!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Brake Rotors

The stock brakes always seemed to be just Ok. A few years ago the OEM brake pads were upgraded even though there was still lots of meat left. The Hawk, HP Plus gave me a little more bite for my spirited driving.

New Brake Rotors are now installed. The single hex head Locator Screw on each of the original Brake Rotor with 78,000 miles was a challenge to remove. The local NAPA did have a replacement that is Stainless Steel with a Phillips head. Tirerack, offers StopTech, Cryo Heat Treated Slotted Rotors and they are a direct replacement that really provides lots of stopping power.

I am very happy with the performance while I continue to run around town before putting the car into a HPDE event.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
New Brake Rotors are now installed. Tirerack, offers StopTech, Cryo Heat Treated Slotted Rotors and they are a direct replacement that really provides lots of stopping power.

I am very happy with the performance while I continue to run around town before putting the car into a HPDE event.
I like my full StopTech package. May I suggest flush and refill with DOT4 brake fluid?
I found HPS pads on stock rotors to be noisy around town, although they quieted down in harder driving.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
won a 'Top 50' award at a car show.

Thanks DDMWORKS !

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
that blue sure look great!!! especialy with the top the same color.....not fabric.
well today after building some trusses and dodging the rain witch we needed bad, I did some more air box work,added another breathing hole and bell mouthed it. also belmouthed the inner section that I opened up so it can breath through the new opening effectivly. I then changed the ex accuator and the ex cam position sensor ( p0014 code) I had already cleaned the accuator it wasent dirty, but I had also ordered a set of them and a seensor. it threw the code again 2 days ago, so I swap[ed them since it was raining and I alreay had the hood open for the air box work. I also added some heat shielding to the bottom & back of the air box to keep heat from the raidiator&engine&hose from adding heat to the box. Ill probably pull off the middle muffler at some point as it is a heat sync...I dont think heat shielding would do a lot for it.,I plan on making a heat shielding sleve for the intake hose too. I may send off ecm for a works flash tune this comming week. I wish I had a good glimpse of the muffler innards... Ill stick my inspection camera up the tail pipe to have a little look tomarow..but cant see the inlet from there... I may hole saw the cap on the pipe and look in there when I get some more argon for my mig so i can weld it back on. if needed I could add a bigger internal hole from there too for better breathing...but still kind hard to tell without having a good look inside to see just how it's wired.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Hit a huge raccoon Friday night. Tore the passenger side front inner fender completely out of the car.
Bent up some of the bumper mounting brackets, and the liner mounting points on the fender behind the wheel.
Heading out to the body shop today to let them see what all else may have happened.
Then the insurance negotiations begin. Wish me luck!

1561 - 1580 of 1688 Posts