Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1688 Posts

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Wouldn't mind seen a pic of those new rims on your solstice CycleCat if possible. I remember your car at NASSAM 2018.Up were i live i've only see one brazen orange. Was that a limited color?

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Wouldn't mind seen a pic of those new rims on your solstice CycleCat if possible. I remember your car at NASSAM 2018.Up were i live i've only see one brazen orange. Was that a limited color?
Just your standard Sky rims. The spokes appear thinner which shows more of the hardware underneath. I like that. The angular shape of the spokes sparkles more I think. Excuse the dirt. I live on a dirt road and park in a carport.

I think about 3300 Brazen Sols were produced in all the years they did that color. There were only a handful of colors used less.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
493 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,192 Posts
Oops. I found a different thread (linked in my previous reply) that wasn't as neatly organized as yours. I added all the columns including the total to come up with my erroneous number. :banghead:
Yes, the number you were using was convertibles only, when I added in the coupes it only made a little bit of a difference. It was still very few of the Brazen color.

They do stand out when you see them!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Spent five hours today washing, claying (Mother's 2.0), and waxing (Meguiar's GoldClass Carnauba) the Solstice.

Then got caught in a rain squall before I could park it.... Hurricane a commin'.

Never clayed a car before so I can't compare the 2.0 to an actual clay bar. The feel of the surface after application was smooth - and she looks great after the wax!

I can say the 2.0 did an outstanding job on the glass! Never seen a windshield so clean.

:smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
... went to a GM-only car show today in South Jersey.

Picked up a first-runner-up trophy in the Pontiac class.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Today I reunited Coupe 000017 with the accessories purchased along with it in ‘09 by the original owner and kept in storage for 10 years. Saddle bags (unopened), fitted car cover (unopened), front and rear splash guard set (never installed), dealer-only chrome ‘snowflake’ rim package (all boxed, unopened except for one to get pics) with red logo center caps (sealed in their original bag) and full set of new lug nuts. And...a brand new soft targa top (fully boxed) with new storage bag! Talk about hitting the jackpot!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Today I reunited Coupe 000017 with the accessories purchased along with it in ‘09 by the original owner and kept in storage for 10 years. Saddle bags (unopened), fitted car cover (unopened), front and rear splash guard set (never installed), dealer-only chrome ‘snowflake’ rim package (all boxed, unopened except for one to get pics) with red logo center caps (sealed in their original bag) and full set of new lug nuts. And...a brand new soft targa top (fully boxed) with new storage bag! Talk about hitting the jackpot!
PM sent...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Washed and waxed the car tonight in order to head to an annual celebration in the wife's home town. We'll be there tomorrow in the parade... ridin' in style!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I am again in combat with the windshield. One thing I find maddening is a streaky, smudged windshield. My first GXP wasn't so bad. I cleaned it when I washed the car, then I used alcohol and a clean terry towel. I had also Rain-X'd it, which seemed to help.

My latest GXP...oh my head. I have come to the conclusion that the previous owner did...something. I have literally washed the car three times, back to back to back, and still had almost greasy smears on the glass. Did he put something on the wiper blades?? Got to replace them. The inside of the glass is a nightmare. I don't think he ever cleaned it, he just sort of swirled the smudges about. Trying to clean it made it worse.

I found my old Texas Instruments glass cleaning cloth today. I will see if that helps....

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
4 day weekend on Lake Michigan's coast. Saw a red Solstice and a "burgundy" SKY. Received a lot of compliments on the Sol including a guy who claimed to have done some design work on it during development.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The inside of the glass is a nightmare. I don't think he ever cleaned it, he just sort of swirled the smudges about. Trying to clean it made it worse.
Chris, on the inside try a 25/75 mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle - and if possible wipe it with balled up newspaper. If that doesn't get it, use straight vinegar.

I recently clayed my Solstice using a Mother's Speed Clay 2.0. It did a fantastic job cleaning the outside glass (and the car).

1621 - 1640 of 1688 Posts