Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1681 - 1699 of 1699 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,566 Posts
First and Last...

... went to an All Pontiac/GMC Car Show in Lebanon, Pa on 9/22/2019.
... took a "First & Last" photo - a 1926 6640 Coupe with a 2009 Solstice Coupe...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Brought my Solstice to the Hot Chili Cool Cars event in Rocklin, CA. It was too new to be judged but we won 2nd place in the chili cookoff! :wink:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Yesterday was clean-up day. Wash, clay, Ultimate compound, polish and Ice.
Will attack the interior today. lol

The old girl still looks damn good for N.W. Ohio year round daily driver with 123K on the clock.

In the background of the first picture is the wife's play toy, 2017 Abarth 500C. Awesome little ride too.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, it looks like she's going to be packed away in the garage for about the next 6 months up here in Minnesota. We are supposed to get 10-18 inches of new snow by Saturday night. 😭

·
Registered
346 Posts
I looked at mine...I pulled back the cover and layed under the rear to look at the rear faisa.I may make some"incerts" or ex bezels for it so i can use a gxp muffler on it...possibly. still in the thinking stages. not worth buying a new rear faisa just to do that, but some "trim rings" might do the trick...but I have oh somuch to do to everything else....I may never get to it....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Track Day At Talladega Grand Prix Raceway

There's a second Talladega racetrack a few miles East of the one everybody knows about. It's a 1.4 mile road course. I got to run it yesterday. Now I've had my Solstice on two road courses - Barber Motorsports Park and Talladega Grand Prix a.k.a. "Little Talladega."

I'm a happy camper!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Nothing like a Fall drive to clear a man's soul...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Track Day At Talladega Grand Prix Raceway

There's a second Talladega racetrack a few miles East of the one everybody knows about. It's a 1.4 mile road course. I got to run it yesterday. Now I've had my Solstice on two road courses - Barber Motorsports Park and Talladega Grand Prix a.k.a. "Little Talladega."

I'm a happy camper!

View attachment 106050

View attachment 106051

View attachment 106052

View attachment 106053
how did you get on there without a rollbar ?

we have a track near texas a+m you can race your car but you have to have a rollbar, cant do that to mine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
how did you get on there without a rollbar ?
They didn't ask - I didn't tell.

I was surprised myself. I didn't think it was going to happen, but it did.

There is some (roll bar-like) support in the frame, but it's not what would commonly be accepted as a "roll bar." Had I been denied it might have been enough to argue the point.

And then again, that was a Track Day - and not a race. That may have made the difference - or signing a waiver saying that if I crashed and burned it was my responsibility then paying my Benjamins is what got me on the track. However it played, the stars aligned, I got on the track, got some experience pushing the Solstice as far as I felt comfortable, and had an awesomely fun day!

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
That pic was of a WAYYYYY pre-production styling exercise. The actual bar behind the seat is a flimsy 1/2" square tube thing that's no protection at all.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I have been trying for over a year now to get my wife in the drivers seat. She can drive the Firebird with 5 speed so that isn't the problem. I keep mentioning that on a road trip, something could happen making me unable to drive. she agrees but hasn't tried it yet. I will keep trying.

1681 - 1699 of 1699 Posts