Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1732 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
I went in for an oil change, and the tech discovered that my fan belt was not in good shape.

I was handed the old belt. When I held the belt up to the light, I could see through the belt !

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
well I thought about going for a ride today...but it's been storming all day so I worked inside and let the car stay under cover too. possibly tomorrow I give it a good work out,I think we both need it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Checked to make sure the "bubble" was still inflated...
Main reason for the Solstice in the bubble is to keep the mice out. If the mice chew an electrical wire in the Buick it can be fixed much easier. Have not had an issue with mice in the Buick but I did not want to take a chance with the GXP.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Had a little birthday party. It was two years ago that I brought it home. Closed the deal on the day of the winter Solstice and brought it home the next day.

·
Registered
466 Posts
got to go for a nice ride today about 65 miles .a little mist and some moist road grime from the rain yesterday...so..Ill have to give it a good wash in a few days...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Main reason for the Solstice in the bubble is to keep the mice out. If the mice chew an electrical wire in the Buick it can be fixed much easier. Have not had an issue with mice in the Buick but I did not want to take a chance with the GXP. View attachment 106584
What stops the mice from chewing through the thin bubble??

I installed a DDM CAI and took her for a little ride..more agressive engine sound at throttle and a whole lot of less plastic crap in the engine bay!! .was 66 degrees today and Sunny!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
A couple of days ago - I realized that I hadn't put the fuel stabilizer in it so I backed it out and let it run for a bit whilst I power washed the garage floor. My winter Solstice! (A little Lightning McQueen glare off of the headlamp....)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Main reason for the Solstice in the bubble is to keep the mice out. If the mice chew an electrical wire in the Buick it can be fixed much easier. Have not had an issue with mice in the Buick but I did not want to take a chance with the GXP. View attachment 106584
WOW!! Bubble! what a great idea. Where did you find it. Didn't even know there was such a thing. Gotta have one. (for the same reason you have one). I've already had to chase the furry little critters out of my car twice.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
What stops the mice from chewing through the thin bubble??

I installed a DDM CAI and took her for a little ride..more agressive engine sound at throttle and a whole lot of less plastic crap in the engine bay!! .was 66 degrees today and Sunny!
I put my DDM cai in a couple of years ago and besides the engine sound, I noticed another little benefit. With all that plastic stuff gone and the engine wide open on both sides now, my engine temps even dropped a couple of degrees. I don't know whether it was because of the CAI itself or because of all the open space around both sides of the block but I suspect it was the latter.

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
... changed the battery in my 2008 convertible today. I got 7 1/2 years out of an ACDelco battery. I am trying a Walmart EverStart this time. They have the lowest price, and the reviews that I have read from various places have been good.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I put my DDM cai in a couple of years ago and besides the engine sound, I noticed another little benefit. With all that plastic stuff gone and the engine wide open on both sides now, my engine temps even dropped a couple of degrees. I don't know whether it was because of the CAI itself or because of all the open space around both sides of the block but I suspect it was the latter.
Yeah...all that plastic was unbelievable...and HEAVY........why in the world would a engine designer design such a cumbersome complex delivery for incoming air???

BTW......I have a LIKE new very clean drop in K&N filter For Sale if anyones interested......$30 plus shipping...retail is about $65.00

·
Registered
206 Posts
After days of overcast and rain the Sun came out today and it hit about 65 degrees. It was time for a cruise! I hit the back roads, cruising along listening to Aqualung on XM, stereo cranked to 11 and having a good ride. Then over a hill came a State Trooper. My passenger, being the friendly guy he is, waved at him as we passed - and the blue lights came on. I knew I was pushing it - and guilty as hell. I backed it down, came to a stop, then backed off the road and into some guy's yard, shut the engine down... and waited.

The Trooper car pulled up behind me and I'm checking my driver side rear mirror. I see a middle-aged chubby Trooper (Jabba The Hut kind of guy) sitting in the seat. The scowl on his face said, "I'm gonna stick it to ya just because I can." I didn't realize he was a passenger until I spotted another Trooper putting his hand print on the back of my car and walking up to my window.

He stood behind my window. I never saw his face. "How you doing today?" he asked. "Fine, sir," I said. "How are you?" I handed him my driver's license. "Doing good," he said, "Doing good." Then he got to the point... "65 in a 45." "I apologize, sir. We're just out for an afternoon drive."

"Well, I'll tell you what. Slow it down for me," he said, handing my license back. "Yes, sir. Thank you, sir, " I said. I buckled up, cranked the Solstice and continued my cruise.

Maybe it was my passenger's friendly wave, or maybe it was the fact I stopped, pulled off the road and waited for him that got me off without even a warning ticket. But what I really believe is Jabba The Hut was some kind of Trooper dignitary the road Trooper was taking somewhere, and since I wasn't a problem he had to chase down, he let me go because he had more pressing business elsewhere.

Either way, I was a Happy (lucky) Camper! He could have stuck me bad.........

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
lol - my Sol is now under the car cover (my bride told me she didn't want to be around when I covered it.) But Bama's story reminded me of the week before Christmas on my drive home in my Ecoboost Explorer. Taking the back route home a semi-tractor pulled out of the paper mill, bob-tailing, so I'm thinking I'm not going to be delayed much. The road twists quite a bit for about 3 miles and we're suddenly driving 40 in a 45.

I see that there are a least a couple of cars in front of the semi and decide to drop the hammer at the first straight stretch. As I'm dusting the brooms of about 5 cars I realize the one in 2nd place of the train is a county sheriff. As in Bama's case, 65 in a 45 so I pull back into my lane and slow down to the speed limit and just wait for the lights in the rear view mirror.

And I wait. And I wait, and I wait. He must have been running the guy's plates in the lead and decided to pull him over at some point because I ended up about a mile and a half ahead of everyone before they came out of the turns.

Early Christmas gift!

1701 - 1720 of 1732 Posts