Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1821 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Pushed it away from the wall, lifted it off of the dollies, removed and folded the cover, fired it up and went for a short drive. Felt good. Put the Grand Prix on the dollies and pushed it against the wall. Wow, that takes up a lot more room and sits way higher than the Sol. See you in fall G/P.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Well, I was driving to the protest in Hbg. Pa after my shortened work shift and thought Hmm,,,, This would have been so much more fun if I was in my solstice with the top down.

Do good thoughts count?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I drove it!!!

Been waiting over 6 months to say that again. Admitted, I was wearing a toque (and had the heater blowing), as it was 30F and a little chilly on the highway but with a forecast of sunshine and 65F this afternoon, that was good enough for me. I did get a few looks driving a bright yellow car with the top down this morning, but I think they were just jealous...

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,433 Posts
While moving things around in the garage, cutting over from winter to summer stuff and moving things around, I took the Solstice off the battery tender, and fired it up, let it idle up to temp, and then took it for a short drive around the neighborhood to get all the fluids and joints and fittings and other stuff moving, gently. When done, put it away in the garage and put it back on the battery tender. It'll warm up soon, but it isn't there yet.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
556 Posts
hmm..winter storage.??..dang I would get cool walking around..and possiabkly loose some weight...what a concept....probably not going to happen...although I cant drive it due to my afu ankle....errrrrrrr. and walking aint reall fun with it either...

·
Registered
8 Posts
The hinge for the cubby compartment between the seats was rusted. I think the previous owner just left the car outside without any care for months before I purchased it. Anyway, I removed it, removed the rust and repainted it. Didn't take long. Looks pretty good. Now, to tackle that passenger seat bracket soon...

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I added a pair of PIAA horns. Since the stock horn is mid tone I added a bass 330 hz and a treble 500 hz and kept the original. Not my idea, I got it from another thread on this forum.

I used a two horn relay kit to assure full amperage to the new horns and tapped the relay control into the original wiring. I used the bolts on top of the intercooler to mount the new horns, then tied all the wires in place. Looks neat and sounds full and loud.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Change the oil and filter. Mobil 1 5W 30 and Delco filter.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I finaly went for a drive, a short drive . so I didnt( hopefuly) didnt aggravate my ankle any more than daily walking around...Ill see how it go's today. but it sure did feel good to get out for a drive in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Replaced my 12 1/2 year old original battery after it would not start when I uncovered it yesterday. It was on a battery tender all winter, but it just would not turn over.

Took the wife out for a drive when I got done.

1761 - 1780 of 1821 Posts