Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1821 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,009 Posts
Replaced my 12 1/2 year old original battery after it would not start when I uncovered it yesterday. It was on a battery tender all winter, but it just would not turn over.

Took the wife out for a drive when I got done.
12 1/2? That's like 100 in battery years.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
This is me parked while my buddy in his vette is getting a warning from a highway patrolman yesterday. I drove out front for the first hour of our mountain cruise, only going a max of 5mph over the speed limit....then I let him take the lead, where he immediately stomps it, then what do I see, well blue lights of course!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts

Well... dealing with this self-isolation and social distancing stuff, I have spent a week polishing and waxing my blue/deep coupe. ( Wax still on the hood in the photo... ) Doing a little at a time so that my back doesn't kill me... What do I get for my troubles? Now, I have to go back and touch up all the rock chips where the polish took off the touch-up paint.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Well... dealing with this self-isolation and social distancing stuff, I have spent a week polishing and waxing my blue/deep coupe. ( Wax still on the hood in the photo... ) Doing a little at a time so that my back doesn't kill me...
Need to get it up on ramps or jack stands so you can reach it more easily -- you're too tall to have to bend down that much for that length of time :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is me parked while my buddy in his vette is getting a warning from a highway patrolman yesterday. I drove out front for the first hour of our mountain cruise, only going a max of 5mph over the speed limit....then I let him take the lead, where he immediately stomps it, then what do I see, well blue lights of course!
Do you have stock springs or aftermarket? Also, what size tires are you running?

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
It's not what I did, but what I'm going to do. Going to wash it up nicely tonight because my bride and I have tomorrow off. Going to be mid-60's and sunny. Going to hit some of the twisty-ish roads through the nearby state park and game area!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I keep planing on going out for a ride with the wife and top down , but stuff seems to come up....shes never even seen it with the top down.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Installed my solo header and hi flow cat today. Let it run for about an hour then took it on a little easy cruise. New header is ceramic coated in a nice satin black.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Me too also! My solo header is being ceramic coated as we speak.
The smoke at first will be harsh, and it took mine well after an hour till it stopped smoking. The coater said to run it for an hour at idle or until the smoke stops, so I left mine run for an hour then drove it real soft for about two more hours

1781 - 1800 of 1821 Posts