Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1879 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Finally replaced my flaky key fob. Ordered the Dorman version that came with the programmer. Although more money (~$50) you can’t beat the results and joy for not having to go to the dealer to get it programmed. I took a video of the process thinking it might help someone, but the process was so simple all you have to do is follow the steps printed and you’re all set in less than 5 minutes. I would definitely recommend this if you need a new one and are like me and don’t like paying dealer prices for simple things.
Tried the same thing. Never could get it to work even though I followed directions as written. Took it to a dealer to finish the job.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Small Change, but I replaced the stock silver center caps on the coupes wheels with black ones with red arrowheads from 99-01 Pontiac wheels. I think they work well with the Black Street Edition typre stripe the previous owner put on the car. The 1st shot is with the original center caps, then the black ones. The wheels that came on the car are about my least favorite stock wheel type. So I think the black centers break up the monotone look.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Small Change, but I replaced the stock silver center caps on the coupes wheels with black ones with red arrowheads from 99-01 Pontiac wheels. I think they work well with the Black Street Edition typre stripe the previous owner put on the car. The 1st shot is with the original center caps, then the black ones. The wheels that came on the car are about my least favorite stock wheel type. So I think the black centers break up the monotone look.
Small Change, but I replaced the stock silver center caps on the coupes wheels with black ones with red arrowheads from 99-01 Pontiac wheels. I think they work well with the Black Street Edition typre stripe the previous owner put on the car. The 1st shot is with the original center caps, then the black ones. The wheels that came on the car are about my least favorite stock wheel type. So I think the black centers break up the monotone look. View attachment 108238 View attachment 108239 View attachment 108240
Looks good, I have them on my chrome wheels as well on a black car. They look nice

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I finished up on my conversion to a solo performance center exhaust. Thanks to Norms for the awesome rear fascia and my favorite painter " Bob" at Pro Finish2 in Lemoyne Pa. for the excellent paint work. The conversion changes the entire look on the rear of a solstice.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I finished up on my conversion to a solo performance center exhaust. Thanks to Norms for the awesome rear fascia and my favorite painter " Bob" at Pro Finish2 in Lemoyne Pa. for the excellent paint work. The conversion changes the entire look on the rear of a solstice.
huge improvement.love the look.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Looks Good!

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Power passenger seat addition to my 2009 GXP.
Grand job! Thanks for the tips.

I did today one of those useless little mods that you do when you are self quarantined with nothing else to do. Replaced the DDMWORKS screws in my coil pack cover with 6mm threaded rod ...
I had to laugh at this one. Excellent idea - getting that DDM cover plate installed is a PITA!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Love your plate! cheers

·
Registered
610 Posts
I walked past mine again.... heck of a storm the past 2 days, but the covers stayed on just fine. about 10" of rain hear yesterday....rain gauge over flowing ..Im gonna have to have the wife cut the grass this week..

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I walked past mine again.... heck of a storm the past 2 days, but the covers stayed on just fine. about 10" of rain hear yesterday....rain gauge over flowing ..Im gonna have to have the wife cut the grass this week..
PLEASE!! how do you get your wife to cut the grass?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The week started with the simple goal of upgrading my stock radio with a alpine ilx-w650 head system with CarPlay. This included the crux accessory from crutchfield to preserve the steering wheel control.

The week ended with:
taking the boomerang panel on and off 4 times. I’m very fast and good at this by now.

swapping out the 12v cigarette lighter port for a USB port (did you know there is such a thing as wired CarPlay vs wireless CarPlay? I did not.Alpine requires a wired connection.

Adding a bypass switch to the stereo (did you know that it’s necessary to terminate the parking brake sensor switch to the parking brake otherwise you can’t configure much of anything? I did not

Swapping out the original battery for a new one through the side panel (apparently disconnecting and reconnecting the battery all week long doesn’t sit well with a 12 year old battery) wouldn’t start and take a overnight charge to get back to normal.

This one I was ok with as it was well past due given It was the original battery that came with the car in 2008. It was kind of fun taking the panel off to get it done. Wasn’t nearly as hard as I feared.

So at the end of the week, new battery, new stereo system, which sounds fantastic with the monsoon system, and CarPlay enabled (which I really really like) and USB port on the panel.

A really good learning opportunity, got good practice soldering wires together and all’s well that ends well, so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Congrats Vedder!

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
The week started with the simple goal of upgrading my stock radio with a alpine ilx-w650 head system with CarPlay. This included the crux accessory from crutchfield to preserve the steering wheel control.

The week ended with:
taking the boomerang panel on and off 4 times. I’m very fast and good at this by now.

swapping out the 12v cigarette lighter port for a USB port (did you know there is such a thing as wired CarPlay vs wireless CarPlay? I did not.Alpine requires a wired connection.

Adding a bypass switch to the stereo (did you know that it’s necessary to terminate the parking brake sensor switch to the parking brake otherwise you can’t configure much of anything? I did not

Swapping out the original battery for a new one through the side panel (apparently disconnecting and reconnecting the battery all week long doesn’t sit well with a 12 year old battery) wouldn’t start and take a overnight charge to get back to normal.

This one I was ok with as it was well past due given It was the original battery that came with the car in 2008. It was kind of fun taking the panel off to get it done. Wasn’t nearly as hard as I feared.

So at the end of the week, new battery, new stereo system, which sounds fantastic with the monsoon system, and CarPlay enabled (which I really really like) and USB port on the panel.

A really good learning opportunity, got good practice soldering wires together and all’s well that ends well, so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And I'll bet you are already thinking about the next project. Aint it fun!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
A lot radios with a lot of features have this to prevent you from being distracted while the car is in motion. This is their way of assuring the car is parked.

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
... just went for a drive to a NJ state park...

·
Registered
4 Posts
My GXP has been pretty much covered for the last 2.5 years after the sudden passing of my wife. But about few months my boy and I decided to clean her up, the car, LOL, and get back into autocross. We got out of autocross just after our son was born. We were involved in a local club for about 7 tears in our 96 Mustang GT then sold it for a 99 Cobra. We never had an opportunity to race the GXP. This baby is faaaast and rides like on rails.

There is an autocross event this weekend but unfortunately I am unable to attend. Plus, also novices can't participate because no instructor riders allowed because of this covid BS. The Boy (19 yrs old) is so bummed. LOL Our next opportunity is Aug 2.

I have a spare full of go fast goodies to install before Aug 2. I am still waiting for a few parts to arrive because of covid delays. I have H&R sport springs, Koni shocks, stainless steal brake lines, Hawk rotors, Hawk 5.0 brake pads, strut tower bar, DDM backbone brace, DDM short shifter, Optima red top battery, RPM inside floor light kit, new rims already mounted, and 4 Bridgestone RE-71R on the stock wheels. The Boy and I need to start wrenching this weekend!!! LOL

1821 - 1840 of 1879 Posts