Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1841 - 1847 of 1847 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
My GXP has been pretty much covered for the last 2.5 years after the sudden passing of my wife. But about few months my boy and I decided to clean her up, the car, LOL, and get back into autocross. We got out of autocross just after our son was born. We were involved in a local club for about 7 tears in our 96 Mustang GT then sold it for a 99 Cobra. We never had an opportunity to race the GXP. This baby is faaaast and rides like on rails.

There is an autocross event this weekend but unfortunately I am unable to attend. Plus, also novices can't participate because no instructor riders allowed because of this covid BS. The Boy (19 yrs old) is so bummed. LOL Our next opportunity is Aug 2.

I have a spare full of go fast goodies to install before Aug 2. I am still waiting for a few parts to arrive because of covid delays. I have H&R sport springs, Koni shocks, stainless steal brake lines, Hawk rotors, Hawk 5.0 brake pads, strut tower bar, DDM backbone brace, DDM short shifter, Optima red top battery, RPM inside floor light kit, new rims already mounted, and 4 Bridgestone RE-71R on the stock wheels. The Boy and I need to start wrenching this weekend!!! LOL
WOW! You're gonna have a long weekend>

·
Registered
10 Posts
A lot radios with a lot of features have this to prevent you from being distracted while the car is in motion. This is their way of assuring the car is parked.
Which totally makes sense but for the life of me I couldn’t find information on where to terminate the parking brake sensor wire so went with the bypass option that has LOTS of information out there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying your Sol! Did you get the fender Liners changed?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I did the passenger side before running out of time one evening last week. Instead of the screws, I substituted plastic fasteners. Those seem to work out just fine. They handled hours of interstate speeds over the weekend with no sign of coming loose in the wind. That said, I'll get the driver side done this week after catching up on my real work.

1841 - 1847 of 1847 Posts