Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1941 - 1960 of 1992 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Th plates also expired on it to Alberta Boy It hit 74f here to in the valley . Next year i will renew the plates for a longer time.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I got in mine and grinned all the way to and all the way home from work

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac Solstice
28 Posts
I have had a CEL going on and off. Code P0011. So today I changed the Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid. Looked easy enoug on YouTube. Popped off the plug and took out 10mm bolt and out came the top half. The bottom piece just stared at me like a one eyed monster like” well what you gonna do now?” But I slipped a flat head screwdriver under the lip and it popped up. I got it out easily with needle nose pliers. And replaced it. Whole job takes less than 15 minutes. Light hasn’t come back on today. I’m wondering if the CEL being intermittent was because the CPAS had separated but was held just good enough to work most of the time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Th plates also expired on it to Alberta Boy It hit 74f here to in the valley . Next year i will renew the plates for a longer time.
sorry,didn't know your plates were done.i have my plates and insurance active all year round,about 400 for insurance and about 80 for the plates.love your coupe.was looking at them before i found my white sky.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Insurance in B.C. isn't cheap Alberta Boy. I have taken the coupe to Calgary a few times through the years. Your Sky is in mint shape . Glad to hear you run your Sky all year round.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
690 Posts
I went off roading the other day....in my solstice....WEEEEEE....not... but quite slow,bumpy rock,rocky road....just ttoped raining from another herbiecane about 30 min before I get there...it wasent my choice, but I needed to be at that wedding as my daughter flew in from kosovo to be the maid of honer, and no way was I gonna miss that...along with it being her sisters wedding..( different mothers, different fathers, but we all raised them, best friends) half a mile or so back in the woods a pretty new venue not quite done but worked awesome.about 40 miles away. well the next morning I got up to have a looksee at my solstice....not as bad as I expected, so I spent 3 hours washing cleaning& vacuming.in the hot florida sun. looks like new again!!! my daughter from kosovo had the wifes honda element for the 1 day preceding the wedding out at the beach house thus we had to offroad the solstice. then put her on a plane back to kosovo at 9am next morning...just getting to see her for a few hours was well worth the off roadexscursion&clean up day. along with the weeding and seeing the daughter than not really ours but it as she now lives in dallas and quite successful too. I miss my kids.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Finally got around to doing the footwell light mod. Really easy, just follow the instructions in the 13 year old thread. I didn't want them on all the time (I don't need to see my feet to drive) so I wired it to the map light circuit through the fuse block under the passenger floor. I used clear LED lights and I'm very happy with the results. I've been wanting to do this since the first time I got in the car after dark, only took me three years.
Next step is to clean it up, cover it up and wait for spring.

Reactions: easyryderca

·
Registered
690 Posts
drove to destin and back today...Ill do it again in a few hours.probably be raining by then. it dosent seem to mind the rain...Ill just have to wash & detail it tomorrow..again.

·
Registered
690 Posts
drove around, came home, washed it, dryed it, huricane weather should be hear in a few so time to put cover on it now.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I sorta forget to add...while I was out for a nice drive before the storm 2 days ago I pulled up beside a new solstice coupe.it was oh so sweet!!!!:unsure: WELL it was what the solstice should be now....if they didnt close to doors so biden could build electrick cars in the kappa plant.... it was the new supra. oh so sweet!!!!! it looks to of been modeled off of the solstice coupe. Im kinda skeered to go to the dealer to see the price tag...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Nothing.

We got a surprise in the form of 3" of snow yesterday. Last week I had all the fans in the windows. Later this week it will be 55*. My Sol is under 3" of snow, parked in a driveway because fall cleanup is just starting and the garage is in use as Leaf Raking Central. I need to clean it off, wash it, and run it up and down the driveway to get rid of moisture underneath, no way I'm putting it on the salty roads.

That's what the LS3 Camaro is for. I got more of the "you drive that Camaro in the snow? It's RWD." routine yesterday at work. Yeah. RWD. How do I do it? Did I sell my soul to Satan? Or do I know how to drive? The world will never know.

·
Registered
2006 Cool Silver NA 2008 Pure White NA
270 Posts
I drove my Solstice - and the wife drove hers - to the polls today and voted to save the Republic.

·
Registered
690 Posts
so...chris, are you saying satan drives a KIA?? :eek: :rolleyes:😃
I almost drove my solstice to vote..but the wife told me we had more stuff to do and get...oh well.

1941 - 1960 of 1992 Posts