Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

what do GXP owners think of this badge?

7K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  ¿spoom 
#1 ·
I have been wanting something like the Sky redlines have to signify what engine they have and today on lunch I saw this on the back of the new Genesis coupe and I kinda liked it. It matches the font and everything I just haven't figured out a stock looking way to incorporate it. What do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
looks ok.

I always thought that GXP == Turbo. So why
is the badge needed ?

Reactions: Sting Ya
#6 ·
I think it looks pretty good. If my Sky didn't say Turbo I might add that myself!

Jim :cool:

#9 ·
Not a fan of the badges.... The only one they mean anything to is the owner of the car. Frankly the rest of the world could care less.

With that said... If you have a Mallet, DDM SC/TC or Hahn upgrade and you scream passed me blowing my doors off... Please do badge your car so I know what it was that left me in the dust scratchin my head. :lol:

#24 ·
BH
Just for you, Alex of Blackcat Custom is making me a set of badges for the Punisher when he comes home (some day Dave?)

Attachments

#11 ·
I have always liked badges as long as they indicated something critical; Like SS, GT, Hemi, GXP, R/T, etc. The GXP already says what it is. A cool badge for the Fenders beneath the little indent might look good. Also, like the old Pontiac GTO on the Grill in a good fashion might be cool as well.

#17 ·
GM also sold a lot of GTO emblems, presumably to adorn the Le Mans etc. out there.

#14 ·
Took mine the day I bought it, I just have the gxp flag on mine

#16 ·
To tell you the truth, anyone who is 'in the know' wouldn't need a badge to differentiate a GXP from an N/A model anyway. The front is different as is the rear exhaust. All of my badges are gone except the two on the front wings, and only then because I don't want to have to fill in the mounting holes. I don't really care if anyone knows mine is a GXP or not. It looks so much cleaner without the badges, at least for me.

#18 · (Edited)
Actually, I have people confusing my 2.4 NA with the GXP all the time because I have the RKSport front end and rear carbon fiber dual exhaust. So it can be misleading. I'm constantly telling other Solstice owners, "It's not a GXP". I also have Norm's vented fenders with a custom "Solstice, Last of the Brand" shields inside them. People at car shows ask me if it's an Anniversary model.

#19 ·
OP:

I'd avoid if I was in your position. The GXP on the rear is more than enough. The wife won't let me debadge the rear of her car as much as I want to! :(

#21 ·
ASAP Digital imaging is a vendor here on the forum and was selling them.

#22 · (Edited)
Yes, and he is still selling them. I took the design he did and modified it slightly. He had the side profile silhouette of the Solstice at the top part of the badge. But I had him remove it for mine. They are custom. But I think it looks better this way because why would you want a picture of your car ON the side of your car? That would be like wearing a Nike shoe with a picture of another Nike shoe image on the sides of the shoes themselves. That's just stupid.

Here is what mine look like.

Sorry my pictures are SOOOO dark.

#25 ·
Red Devil has a point, so I stand corrected. On a Solstice that hasn't had the body totally reworked, an adept person would know a GXP from an N/A car. My bad...

#29 ·
FWIW, i changed my NA to GXP grilles and dual rear valance, just because i like them better than silver and single; so, except for the absence of the GXP emblem on the back you wouldn't know it wasn't a GXP. not trying to fool anyone, just like the looks better
Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.