Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I thought of a question that I haven't seen addressed yet...what do the armrests on the doors and center console feel like? Hopefully someone who has sat in one of the vehicles can answer this question for me.

Are they just hard molded plastic? The center looks like it is soft padding or rubber, but the door arm rests look to me like they are just part of the plastic door panels. On my Vette they are part of the door panels but they are "cushy" and on my Envoy they are rubber pieces so they have some give.

Just wondering as I have driven in some "cheaper" cars with hard plastic panels and it can be really uncomfortable after a while. With all the attention supposedly paid to the interior I am guessing Pontiac got it right and they are perfect! :cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hate those odd, uncomfortable hard spots that you find after a long drive. I drove the Sol for a short while today and it was comfortable all around, with no obvious problem spots. The layout of the very short shifter is perfect for my 5'9" frame and the right-side resting position was soft, if not "cushy". My results are from a pretty short test, though, and I was pretty active, not just cruising at speed. The car drives like a dream, by the way, and you do feel like you're lower than the C6. (I think the lady in the H2 that went by had a "bat in the cave".)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would probably be one of the only times I wouldn't yell at someone for leaning on my car! :eek:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Is there anyone out there who's driven the car that nearly always rests their arm on the door with the window down that could comment on the height of the window? I'm kinda worried it'll be too high from the pictures.

I rarely find myself using the sidearm rest as it's kinda low for me in my Sunfire.

·
Registered
990 Posts
"I'll drive" :devil:

·
Registered
245 Posts
C5Vette said:
That would probably be one of the only times I wouldn't yell at someone for leaning on my car! :eek:
i guess as long as she has no piercings...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Is there anyone out there who's driven the car that nearly always rests their arm on the door with the window down that could comment on the height of the window? I'm kinda worried it'll be too high from the pictures.

I rarely find myself using the sidearm rest as it's kinda low for me in my Sunfire.
I ALWAYS drive with my left arm on the door. In the Sol, it his high, but manageable for short periods of time. It's a little akward, but it sure beats those damn armrests.

I went for a ten hour drive in a Sol and both of my elbows were KILLING me for three days after. It got to the point that if I see a bump in the road coming up, I now instinctively lift both arms off the arm rests, go over the bump, and put them back down. I will DEFINATELY be putting some padding on both armrests when I get my real one.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks for answering NytLyt, my Sunfire is the same way. It's like super hard rubber.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I'm sure you could get away with it as an animated avatar - a subliminal one. Similar to Rodeo's animated avatar (a flash of the troll blipping in a static picture of a car). He might even make it for you... ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Touch, Smell, Taste!

Has anyone ever given thought to what the door latch might feel like. What about the cigarette lighter? The glove box? The fuzzy carpet mats? What do the seats smell like? Would it be alright to taste the wiper fluid, and if so, what would that taste like? Later!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CalBear is a troll

I think we all need to ignore CalBear's posts...take a look at all of his 10 posts. They are all flames or trying to get a rise out of us. He's probably just jealous because he just bought an '05 Miata and is upside down in it and can't afford a Solstice :)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
C5Vette said:
I think we all need to ignore CalBear's posts...take a look at all of his 10 posts. They are all flames or trying to get a rise out of us. He's probably just jealous because he just bought an '05 Miata and is upside down in it and can't afford a Solstice :)
I've noticed that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts