Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member here for a few months now and I was just wondering what it is people like most about their Solstice, specifically, not generally. There seems to be thread after thread about what people don't like or things they would change or modifications etc, but not one I've seen nails down specific things people like or what's important to them. I'm not able to start polls on this forum :( , so this was my best effort. And since for many people it will be a combination of things, maybe you could put your replies in order like 1st 2nd 3rd etc. I look forward to your positive feed back.

So just to prompt ideas, is it:
A. Exterior Good Looks / Styling
B. Interior Good Looks / Styling
C. Low Price
D. Good Bang for the Buck
E. Tight Handling
F. Speed
G. Exceleration
H. Lamborghini like attention getter
I. It's a Convertable
J. You're a GM person and have been waiting for this car for forever
K. The huge trunk :lol:
L. Top Speed
M. All of the above
N. Other (please fill in)

Thanks everyone ---- Bonzo

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Styling!

Bonzo said:
I have been a member here for a few months now and I was just wondering what it is people like most about their Solstice, specifically, not generally. There seems to be thread after thread about what people don't like or things they would change or modifications etc, but not one I've seen nails down specific things people like or what's important to them. I'm not able to start polls on this forum :( , so this was my best effort. And since for many people it will be a combination of things, maybe you could put your replies in order like 1st 2nd 3rd etc. I look forward to your positive feed back.

So just to prompt ideas, is it:
A. Exterior Good Looks / Styling
B. Interior Good Looks / Styling
C. Low Price
D. Good Bang for the Buck
E. Tight Handling
F. Speed
G. Exceleration
H. Lamborghini like attention getter
I. It's a Convertable
J. You're a GM person and have been waiting for this car for forever
K. The huge trunk :lol:
L. Top Speed
M. All of the above
N. Other (please fill in)

Thanks everyone ---- Bonzo
Just Great to See an American Car that has Superior Styling! :thumbs:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Swinging Steak said:
It's not how you feel, It's how you look.........and you (Solstice) look MARVELOUS!

Mike :blush:
"It is better to LOOK good than to FEEL good" and GM has nailed it with the Solstice.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
It's the thrill of the open road, the top-down exhilaration and the seat-of-your-pants feel reminiscient of the great roadsters of old, a little MG, Jaguar, Austin-Healey, and a touch of early early Corvette ('53-'55) as well as Nash-Healey, Devin SS, and Cheetah (hardtop coupe version) Of course tempered with an engine of today and transmission to go with it. In base form the Solstice would knock the socks off any 60's muscle car on a road course (I'm talkin' twistys, similar to how the little MGTC embarrassed the h out of Oldsmoble and Mercury in teh early '50s) And a not so shabby o-60 that will give the everyday 240 hp sports sedan class something to at least fill their mirrors.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I think the Solstice has the best styling I've seen since my college days in the 70's. At that time there were a lot of Jag XKE's, Lotus, Austin Healeys and the such which all had great styling. They all said speed and fun without ever having to move out of their parking space. The Solstice says the same thing!!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The first thing that grabbed my attention was the styling - just :blush: breathtaking!

But while at the 2005 NAIAS (and this is no joke) there was a 'milk-shake' standing next to me that felt the need to voice her complaints about several of the Solstices features during the presentation:

Manual convertible top - no power option.

Manual 5-speed - no automatic (at least not for a while).

After styling, domestic manufacture and afordability - the cumbersome convertible top and 5-speed manual transmission are next on my list of what has drawn me to the car :thumbs:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
I think the Solstice has the best styling I've seen since my college days in the 70's. At that time there were a lot of Jag XKE's, Lotus, Austin Healeys and the such which all had great styling. They all said speed and fun without ever having to move out of their parking space. The Solstice says the same thing!!!
:agree:

Style, fit, price and American made.................. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
Yes, the best styling I've seen, too, since the 70's. My 70's favorite was the 280Z. Man... did I ever lust for that set of wheels. Too expensive for me as a poor college student. $8K at the time! :)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
One of a kind

The styling was the first impression.The first time I seen one was at a drag race in ohio in may. It was BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL.My brother in law seen that I had this look on my face and he knew I was going to buy one.That following monday may 19 I put my order in.I have never fell in love instantly like I did with this car.I think it looks better than a corvette.This car will become an american icon like the GTO.corvette and thunderbird.

·
Registered
556 Posts
mikefred1952 said:

:agree: with both.

And, the extra added bonus of $3500 GM Card discount! Thanks for finally coming through GM with a car worthy of using my discount on.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The look on peoples faces this afternoon coming home from work is what I like the best. All of the above mentioned is great - but that first thumbs up says it all :yesnod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Definately styling. Without knowing the price or performance, I would have loved the Solstice concept anyway. It just looks that good to me.

The price is just gravy, and the performance is just icing. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Definately styling. Without knowing the price or performance, I would have loved the Solstice concept anyway. It just looks that good to me.

The price is just gravy, and the performance is just icing. :lol:
Gravy and icing, Yuck! I'm bringing my own food when I come over to play.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
mikefred1952 said:

:agree: (couldn't have said it better, so I didn't!)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mikefred1952 said:
I think you nailed it for most folks. Thanks everyone, I was just courious.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts