What Do You Like Most About Your Coupe?

• It pumps up my big ego

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we've got the Coupe Stuff You Hate Poll started, so now let's think positive and gimme some suggestions for the things you LIKE the most about your Coupe.

Here's a few of my personal likes, I'm sure the Opel one only applies to me and a couple other guys:

1) It resembles what a modern version of an Opel GT might look like.
2) It's got a sexy azz.
3) It's classy as heck.
4) It's a nice, tight, 4cyl sports car.
5) EVERYBODY stares at it.
6) You feel like a badass when you drive one.

Gimme a whole bunch more guys.........

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
1. It's mine and I still have Warranty! :thumbs:

2. No one asks me about the car, they just stare. :thumbs:

3. Quick & handles well. :thumbs:

4. Cloth Seats

:party: :driving: :party:

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Uniqueness , design, handling, the friendships we have within our Kappa group

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
1. Kick Azz Great looks!
2. Upgraded handling, power & torque for even More Fun!
3. Cool removable esthetic mods!
4. Stylin' wheels!
5. Best fun I've had in years and quite the head turner!
And for an investment, I don't need no investment cruiser, I bought my coupe to DRIVE!
Most auto enthusiasts aren't even familiar with our limited edition pieces of automotive history. Maybe in a few decades some of them will wake up and wish they'd had one "Back in the Days!" :)
I had an Opel GT back in the early mid-70's and the Solstice GXP manual Coupe is way more fun and bang for the buck. No matter what I paid for it or have added on since. (insert Huge Grin!)

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Gee, I did not know the coupe had an improve LNF motor and handling package from the convertible.
Not trying to poke fun, but you need to get your facts straight about power and handling on the GXP models coupe or convertible.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love your yellow Coupy! Do you have any more pictures of it that I can add to my collection?

Yellow is the best color that my Opel GT's came in and really makes the cars pop. It looks just as good on your car. I'm envious!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I don't buy cars in the hope that anyone will look at it and admire it - that smacks of insecurity and I don't really even understand that mentality.

I buy cars because they please ME. The coupe pleases me every time I look at it (it isn't perfect but I like the look far more than I like the convertible profile) and because it delights me whenever I drive it. That and being relatively reliable is all I ask of a car.

·
Registered
236 Posts
1. The top comes off!!
2. I own it.
3. The top comes off!
4. Very fun to drive.
5. The top comes off.
6. I'm the insecure type and this car builds my confidence.
7. And oh yes Bill.... Did I mention the top comes off?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Took both cars (06na conv. & 09na coupe) to our annual car show, this weekend.
And of course the coupe got more interest than the conv.
Some people didn't know that Pontiac made a Solstice coupe.
Even let a few people sit in it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, some people can be pleased by having others look at their car. If having others look at your car "smacks of insecurity" , perhaps the car " pleasing ME" smacks of narcissism? Just asking.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Different Strokes for Different Folks

I agree. There are many reasons for owning a car and not all of them are focussed solely on driving them. Different people are at different points in their lives. Some are young and drive a lot, some are older and hardly drive at all. Some people have multiple cars and some have one. Some guys are race and go fast motivated and cars and highways are their playgrounds, others are lucky is they can get from point A to point B without screwing up.

It's all good. Each to his own. Share your personal way and reasons for driving one of these cars on the site. Be respectful of those who differ. Each view point has it's own validity. The world's a big place that accomodates many different ways of thinking. Platitude.....platitude.....platitude.....................

:)

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Gee, I did not know the coupe had an improve LNF motor and handling package from the convertible.
Not trying to poke fun, but you need to get your facts straight about power and handling on the GXP models coupe or convertible.
Maybe you should understand that what I was talking about was the OP's original question, which was What do you like Most about Your Coupe.
What I like about mine is that I had the dealer do a factory upgrade on my Coupe before I even picked it up. By adding the GMPP tune and enhanced stabilizer bars, then I added the Backbone and recently the Probeam. Thus making an improved Handling and power package over the base GXP platform. We have both Kappa's a vert and coupe and I'm well aware of my Facts regarding the differences in base models and enhanced mods done to each.
Not to poke fun at your misunderstanding of what I was saying! :) Just sayin' this is what I meant. OK? :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Well, some people can be pleased by having others look at their car. If having others look at your car "smacks of insecurity" , perhaps the car " pleasing ME" smacks of narcissism? Just asking.
No, narcissism is is more a self love thing, sometimes to the extreme and doesn't really apply to this discussion.

What I am talking about, to give you an extreme example to illustrate the point, is when a middle aged man gets a hairpiece, and buys a red Viper so he can cruise the hot spots and pick up young girls. His goal is to get positive feedback from people that see him, and presumably admire him and think he is a better person because of what he ownes rather than what he is (the irony comes from what he is being something that many would regard as rather pathetic).

While that is a classic extreme example, you also see lesser examples of owners wanting positive feedback - others telling them what a great car they have - and if they don't get it, they are upset. See any number of 'here is my car, what do you think' threads and when they get anything even vaguely negative said about the car, seem to take a position that they really only wanted positive feedback.

I wasn't condemning that sort of behavior, I was just saying that I didn't really understand it, nor relate to it. My enjoyment of cars has always been much more introverted - I like working on them, and improving them, and racing them, and seeing whether my work results in better times etc. I used to participate in a dozen races a year, often getting off a night shift job and jumping into a tow car and heading out to a race at 2:00 AM. Many people would call THAT obsessive behaviour.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts