Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, this is my 1st post.

I love the Solstice, What does anyone know about this Solstice?

Archie

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
This was part of the original concept car shown at NAIAS in 2002. You will probably wont see this car until late 2006 or some time in 2007, certainly NOT this year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi there Archie and welcome to the Forum! You'll see that there are a lot of great people here and very knowledgeable also. Check the FAQ section and you should likely find some answers to most of your unasked questions.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Michael said:
Hi there Archie and welcome to the Forum! You'll see that there are a lot of great people here and very knowledgeable also. Check the FAQ section and you should likely find some answers to most of your unasked questions.
Thank you, & I know what you mean, I've been reading the FAQ's & reading threads since I joined 2 weeks ago.

Archie

·
4,592 Posts
Welcome Archie, you hail from my hometown of Chicago, glad to meet you

:cheers

·
Registered
391 Posts
I know it is awsome looking. Does that count?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Unfortunatly from all the articles I've read the Solstice Coupe Concept was a primarily foam model with some metal skin and frame parts for support.

I think we'll see a GM Accessories Solstice/Sky detachable hardtop before we see an actual Coupe. It's easier to design, and it brings them in more income too then selling a Coupe for less then the convertible.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Archie said:
I'm new here, this is my 1st post.

I love the Solstice, What does anyone know about this Solstice?

Archie
This is a response I receiverd back from Pontiac.

Dear Mr. Cotellese,

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the 2006
Pontiac Solstice! Currently the 2006 Pontiac Solstice will be offered as a
coupe and as a soft-top convertible. Your preferred Pontiac dealer
will receive information if a hard top will become an option at the
earliest date. Please stay in contact with the dealer to hear the news
first. General Motors is always looking for ways to improve our vehicles.
Our customers play a major role in this by providing suggestions to us.
We appreciate your comments pertaining to the Solstice and we will
forward them to the appropriate department. To obtain more information
regarding the Solstice, please visit www.pontiac.com or contact your
preferred dealership.

If you need additional information or have further questions, please
let us know via email or by calling Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, between
8:00 AM-11:00 PM Eastern Time, seven days per week. Again, thank you for
contacting Pontiac!

Sincerely,

Miko Balambao
Customer Relationship Manager
Pontiac

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Interesting letter you received AJC. They6 are saying it will be offered in a coupe. That has to be a typo because they have said numerous times that they were only making the convertable version at this time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Interesting letter you received AJC. They6 are saying it will be offered in a coupe. That has to be a typo because they have said numerous times that they were only making the convertable version at this time.
Formula88,

I hope they produce the Coupe. They have to be crazy not to - they will sell 5 to 1 coupes over the convertible. Most people live in areas where the convertible is not practical. This is the second letter from Pontiac that stated that they were going to produce the Coupe. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
And like I said above the Solstice Coupe Concept as far as I know wasn't even a real car.

Someone would have more then likely seen one on the roads too if it was going to be available soon. They have to test the cars fairly vigurously before they go into production.

We can all keep hoping for things like power top, power hard top, tons more trunk space, coupe, forced induction but at this point with the information we've recieved and how close we are to full production if we haven't heard it by now/had it leaked there's probably not a good chance of it happening. In general car companies find it really tough to keep things completely 100% secret due to human error. And in general they don't just throw things together in the last month before production begins. It doesn't give any time to test to ensure the product isn't going to fail in any condition.

Any major upgrades/changes at best wont show up till the next full year model. For example, since the Solstice is a mid year car, don't expect a lot of changes till the end of 2006 when the 2007 model comes out. Unless they've done a feature/model freeze on the Solstice but they've continued work on what will be the Sky, and it's changes will be used backwards to help a Solstice revision sooner. Unfortunately though that's very unlikely as well.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i know they aren't making it anytime soon, and i am in the mareket for top down motoring myself, but it sure is a lot prettier than the BMW M3 coupe based on the Z3 roadster. i hope they do build it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AJC said:
Formula88,

I hope they produce the Coupe. They have to be crazy not to - they will sell 5 to 1 coupes over the convertible. Most people live in areas where the convertible is not practical. This is the second letter from Pontiac that stated that they were going to produce the Coupe. :thumbs
I'd like to see them produce a coupe too. There is a rumor that they are going to replace the Sunfire in a couple years with a Kappa based 2+2 coupe. Now, some people say this is not going to happen, but the rumor doesn't seem to die either. Maybe something is up. It would be a couple years if it does happen anyway, so maybe its too far off for anyone to be sure if its a go, or if its dead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts