Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive been noticing a rough idle and I believe a loss of MPG (maybe not, have been a lot more city driving so im not certain) but the rough idle is for sure...also my sol threw a code about a month ago for spark plug, but then the check engine light went off and has stayed off....my car is right around 110k miles, and im not sure when the spark plugs were changed last...i have a GXP with trifecta and was wondering what to gap my plugs at, also is there any walkthrough on changing the plugs on the gxp

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Most everywhere I'm reading is showing between .028 and .030 ...anyone think different?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Why not use the original delco 41-108?
They survived 110K.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, when i pulled the plugs, i found they were AC Delco 41-102...the autolites i put in seem to be working very well, acceleration seems to be better/ more responsive, and MPG seems to be up as well...maybe i should try the 41-108 next...which would/should be when? should i not change plugs until they cause a problem or should i change these at a certain mileage? also, in case anyone was wondering, i gapped the Autolites at .030 and the only mod i have is the trifecta tune, and it seems to like this gap (no tests to prove, just from driving)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Zoom - Zoom - Zoom

Please report back in a few months about how those FORD Autolite plugs hold up over time.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
The 41-102 are no longer made and were replaced by the 41-108.
If the Autolites are working then leave it alone and see how long they perform well for you.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, will do! And what symptoms should I look for to know when to change my plugs?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LV , I see on your mods "K&N" I'm guessing air filter? Do you recommend this? Also could you point me in directiOn as to where I should buy it...thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
JesseB.
Actually I should have removed that a long time ago.
I went back to the original OEM filter since it works just as good as the K&N.
I do not recommend the K&N filter in place of the OEM.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thank you, u just saved me $50 while I save up for
Some upgrades...thinking about the typhoon CAI, (for the sound) after a few performance upgrades, so the drop in filter wouldn't have made sense
Anyway...soo I've noticed (but I'm almost sure it was doing it before the plug swap) the idle is smoother for the most part but every other second there is a hum/rattle (not very good at explaining) for just a second, then smooth, then it's there again...could it be speedway 93 gas? There is a 91 ethanol free station right beside my apartment , I've ran it before
And it seemed to like it (even though trifecta says it needs 93, hopefully that's ok) ...just wondering what you think about the humm/quick rattle sound...no check engine light, no MPG loss, no power loss...really no other symptoms but the sound

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I would check with Trifecta 1st and see what they have to say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts