Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what gauge wire the back up lights are? Hate soldering on anything in a wire harness. And was going to use the quick splice clips. But ive used 14-18 gauge quick splicers and they don't seem to work well.

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Does anyone know what gauge wire the back up lights are? Hate soldering on anything in a wire harness. And was going to use the quick splice clips. But ive used 14-18 gauge quick splicers and they don't seem to work well.
quick splicers can be tricky. Too large and they don't always make a good connection. Too small and they can cut the wire. If you can't get the right size, better to go with the smaller option as close to the wire size as possible. jrf is right, my schematic shows 20ga. as well. Being on the smaller size may, but not necessarily, cut into the strands but it will give a good reliable connection.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...the reason I'm doing it is my back-up camera quit working and I know its the darn 14-18 gauge quick splicers I used in the back up light line. So I will get the 18-22 gauge quick clips now and try them. If worse comes to worse, I can solder, I just HATE opening wires and soldering them in the wiring harness. Thanks for the help guys!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts