Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July the Dealer said I would get the car in September. In August they said I would get it in October. In October they said I will not get one for MY 2006. Can anyone tell me what happened? Will my order carry over to 2007? Will order get any special treatment in 2007? Is it possible this will happen again in next MY? Thanks :brentil:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Your dealer was unrealistic when he said September back in July. When I ordered back in April I was told Early Fall and still looks to be the case.

What's your position in your dealer's allocation? If it's 2nd allocation, you had a better chance of getting a date with Natalie Portman. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
screwed said:
July the Dealer said I would get the car in September. In August they said I would get it in October. In October they said I will not get one for MY 2006. Can anyone tell me what happened? Will my order carry over to 2007? Will order get any special treatment in 2007? Is it possible this will happen again in next MY? Thanks :brentil:

I ordered mine in sept and the dealer told me that it would in oct-nov of 06 and that it would be a 07 that's how they wrote the order. I got to sit in one and to me it is well worth the wait. As time go's buy they might tell me the same thing but if you want it bad enough you will wait thats what I will do

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
screwed said:
where are in the dealers allocation...we ordered in early May.....3 of 5 in the first four month allocation..first two have been preferenced for production..anticipate our order to be picked up sometime this month....dont anticipate seeing the car before Xmas.....but it is well worth the wait...having seen and ridden in a F1K car.......hang in there....

I agree the dealer was completely unrealistic.....mine has said all along...he couldnt predict a date....

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
PAO said:
where are in the dealers allocation...we ordered in early May.....3 of 5 in the first four month allocation..first two have been preferenced for production..anticipate our order to be picked up sometime this month....dont anticipate seeing the car before Xmas.....but it is well worth the wait...having seen and ridden in a F1K car.......hang in there....

I agree the dealer was completely unrealistic.....mine has said all along...he couldnt predict a date....
:agree: Also .... Keep trying other dealers, some people have bought from hundreds of miles away and made a road trip out of the purchase. ;) :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
hersolstice said:
Same here, ordered in April and still no production date. What's up with that???? :willy:
They are not giving production dates. Your car is just going to 3400 then them make it usually within two weeks. Then it goes 3800. If anybody is getting a production date I think the dealer is blowing smoke up your butt.But I think I read they cxl all 2 allocation for this year. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I read a directive from GM yesterday at my dealers that said next allocation orders would be ready for production between Dec 05 and March 06. We both agreed that this was probably second allocation. Mine ordered 6/1 and is at 2030 and is #1 in first allocation. I'm still hopeful of getting one sometime in 06. The Zone Mgr. said he was "pretty sure" that I would get one.

·
Registered
472 Posts
screwed said:

Maybe this will help.

There are alot of smaller Pontiac dealers that have taken deposits and orders for Sols thinking that the orders would be picked up. It seems that with the high demand for the Sol, GM is only giving allocation to larger, high-volume Pontiac dealers.
Make sure that your dealer ACTUALLY has allocation. I had to ask my dealer many times before they finally admitted that they did not really have any allocation. I wasted 2 months with them only to find out they cannot get me a Sol.
Shop around and find a dealer that has allocation and is at MSRP.
There are also some dealers that have Sols coming in at MSRP that are not sold.
Check Pontiac's website for a list of dealers in your area.
Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
screwed said:
Unfortunatly the information you've given us is not sufficient for anyone to give you a real answer.

1. How large is your dealers 1st 4 month allocation?
  2. What # in line are you?

Once we know this we can tell you if you were actually screwed or your dealer was just missinforming you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry took so long

Finally got the dealer and he claims GM cut his allocation from 12 to 6 which puts me out. Still wondering what happens if i keep the order for 2007, will I be at the top of the list or do I start all over again?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
screwed said:
Finally got the dealer and he claims GM cut his allocation from 12 to 6 which puts me out. Still wondering what happens if i keep the order for 2007, will I be at the top of the list or do I start all over again?
Allocations go in 4 month batches. So say you were #7 of 12 original allocation cars. Now that he's cut to 6 allocation cars you then become #1 on the 2nd allocation, meaning you should get your car the begining of 2006 in that scenario.

·
Registered
472 Posts
screwed said:
Dealer said it looks like they will not get a second allocation thats why I am looking to next year.

Find another dealer! There ARE Sols coming in at MSRP that are not sold. There are still dealers that have allocation left.
Where do you live?
I will send you a list!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SunSports said:
There are still dealers that have allocation left.
Where do you live?
I will send you a list!
Ya know, people keep saying this (and I'm sure it's true in some places), but I have checked all the dealers within 100 miles of me and none admit to having any first allocation left.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Editguy said:
Ya know, people keep saying this (and I'm sure it's true in some places), but I have checked all the dealers within 100 miles of me and none admit to having any first allocation left.
If you are only looking within 100 miles, you are not really trying!
Try the next 100 miles and keep going, as long as you are willing to travel.
It does come down to how bad you want the car.
Time and Money = Instant Gratification. :willy:

·
Registered
472 Posts
screwed said:
If you have a list it would be greatly appreciated. Anywhere in New jersey or Esastern PA. Thanks
Go to this site and put in your location. Then start calling, leave your name and # with them to be called if they have a buyer back out. (It does work.)

http://www.pontiac.com/locatedealer/pontiac/dealersearch.jsp

Also try AutoTrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...&max_price=&distance=0&address=08648&x=70&y=7

These are Pontiac dealers that have Sols coming in and mostly sold. Many times buyers back out and the car is available. Always leave your name and # to be called if one is available. ( It does work.)

Make sure that they are at MSRP.
Let us know how it goes!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I had to go 180miles to find a dealer to just find a #2 spot as all the Maryland dealers had already sold their initial allocation or only had the last spot available.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts