Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone else has been doing since they got their cars. I have had mine for 10 days and have 730 miles on it . I took 2 day trips to areas with good roads for driving and attended a large car show. The car show was a blast because the car was swarmed with people all night. Some times so many that I was a little uncomfortable. It was fun watching the people try to figure out what it was and them exclaim "It's a Pontiac!" . There were plenty people that had heard of the Solstice but had never seen one. I felt like a salesman for Pontiac because everyone wanted all the information and specs on the car. Sometimes I just stood back and listened to peoples comments as though I wasn't the owner. I never heard a bad comment about the car all night, everyone loves it.

Tomorrow I leave for a three day swing down through Ohio and Kentucky. This should add another 600 miles to the car. I'm getting my fill before winter!

So what have you been doing since you got yours?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Soltice Draws the Crowds.........

ateam_77 said:
I just stood back and listened to peoples comments as though I wasn't the owner. I never heard a bad comment about the car all night, everyone loves it.
I wonder if people are doing the same thing with the new Miata. I doubt it very seriously. I saw a new Miata yesterday and I still don't get it....... :leaving:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Driving

I have been driving around town. I take the long way to get everywhere I am going. I usually go to where I will see the most people. I love the attention this car is getting. Around 150 miles in 3.5 days.

·
Registered
462 Posts
A lot of driving! ;)

I've put 668 miles on 'er in five days! :willy:
(Drove to KY on Sat to to the "Ride-Along" in a NASCAR car).

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ateam_77 said:
Just wondering what everyone else has been doing since they got their cars. I have had mine for 10 days and have 730 miles on it . I took 2 day trips to areas with good roads for driving and attended a large car show. The car show was a blast because the car was swarmed with people all night. Some times so many that I was a little uncomfortable. It was fun watching the people try to figure out what it was and them exclaim "It's a Pontiac!" . There were plenty people that had heard of the Solstice but had never seen one. I felt like a salesman for Pontiac because everyone wanted all the information and specs on the car. Sometimes I just stood back and listened to peoples comments as though I wasn't the owner. I never heard a bad comment about the car all night, everyone loves it.

Tomorrow I leave for a three day swing down through Ohio and Kentucky. This should add another 600 miles to the car. I'm getting my fill before winter!

So what have you been doing since you got yours?

Glad your enjoying your car so much ! Mine's in transit, dealer said it will be here by the end of this week. We'll see. You know how that goes.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
deluke when was your made?

Sept 9th. I'm a zero zipper from Ct. Dealer has invoice already. But I guess we'll see if I really get it by friday.We all know how that goes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
deluke said:
Glad your enjoying your car so much ! Mine's in transit, dealer said it will be here by the end of this week. We'll see. You know how that goes.
Hey Deluke, I too haven't had my car delivered yet, and better yet :brentil: haven't heard anything about my Sol. It must have dropped through the black hole.. I'm living vicariously through everyone's experience. Keep all info coming for those of us who have been waiting forever and those who are new to the forum. :yesnod: Thank you....

·
Registered
271 Posts
deluke said:
Sept 9th. I'm a zero zipper from Ct. Dealer has invoice already. But I guess we'll see if I really get it by friday.We all know how that goes.
Mine was made 9/22/05 I was just trying to figure when I might get it. I was told 2 weeks but I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
Mine was made 9/22/05 I was just trying to figure when I might get it. I was told 2 weeks but I am not holding my breath.

The wait is terrible ! Look at poor MSSLEEPER he has vin number 131. Come on GM step up to the plate and SHIP and locate these lost cars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have had mine for a week and put on 500 miles. Seems like everyone wants a ride :lol: My kids fight over who is next to go for a ride with Dad.

·
Registered
271 Posts
DaveK said:
I have had mine for a week and put on 500 miles. Seems like everyone wants a ride :lol: My kids fight over who is next to go for a ride with Dad.
We have had that fight several times and the dang thang ain't even here yet.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm going to drive to the Atlantic, then drive to the Gulf in the same day. Gotta then drive north to visit my family and brother to show it off. Then drive south to visit the inlaws to show them the car. Hoping to work my way through the first 1000 miles as fast as I can so I can go get it on synthetic then get dyno'd.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If my car comes this week yet, I may take it to Silver Mound (SW Wisconsin) for a meeting. Its close enought to the Mississippi that I could take a run north along the river highways. Should be pretty beautiful right now.

·
Registered
676 Posts
think positive---when the car comes this week!!! :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Showing off my new Solstice

We have had ours for 2 weeks, VIN 70. Been giving friends rides. Went to the monthly classic car meeting at our local Whataburger last Saturday. The car got alot of attention. Couldn't leave it a minute, everyone wanted to know about it. It got more attention than the vets! Got around 200 miles on it.

Can't take a road trip yet. It's lovebug season!!! Cruising aroung town for now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just cruising

We only have put around 300 miles on our DEEP Sol just driving around town and finding winding roads along the rivers. I wanted to take it out to Lake Michigan for dinner BUT I hate to leave it parked in a parking lot unattended. Worried about nicks, dings, etc..... My wife just got a call with her VIN (SLY SOL) so maybe we will have to go out there with two and park them next to each other for safety...... :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Bleacherman said:
We only have put around 300 miles on our DEEP Sol just driving around town and finding winding roads along the rivers. I wanted to take it out to Lake Michigan for dinner BUT I hate to leave it parked in a parking lot unattended. Worried about nicks, dings, etc..... My wife just got a call with her VIN (SLY SOL) so maybe we will have to go out there with two and park them next to each other for safety...... :)
Now THAT's a plan ... an expensive one, but the Solstice is worth it!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Bleacherman said:
Let me know when you're going... I was just north of Muskegon this week with the new little toy...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts