Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Pontiac hotline told somebody who checked my order status the following: or very similar to this:

"There has been a quality hold on the tops. At this point, we are unable to provide you with any further information..."

So the reason why Marco didnt see a Sol (or very very few) is because they found a problem with the top (supposedly) and the shipments of cars that were sent to Lordstown were brought back for QCH.

I am getting very unpatient now. And I mean very. The weather is going all to hell where I live (cold and rainy) and this is a sign of winter approaching. I will not be accepting my car if it comes in the winter. They can keep it until there is a nice day with zero snow or salt on the roads. Car was built nearly a month ago. It is sitting in the sun all day, everyday outside just soaking up those UV's. ahhhh I need to go now :brentil: :cuss:

peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
aaaahhhhhggggggghhhhhh. I feel your pain, friend.

But I'm sure you want that top on correctly. Why can't they build covers for those lots? I know they are huge, but maybe a Solstice only corner with a cover?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
dylan01 said:
Well the Pontiac hotline told somebody who checked my order status the following: or very similar to this:

"There has been a quality hold on the tops. At this point, we are unable to provide you with any further information..."

So the reason why Marco didnt see a Sol (or very very few) is because they found a problem with the top (supposedly) and the shipments of cars that were sent to Lordstown were brought back for QCH.

I am getting very unpatient now. And I mean very. The weather is going all to hell where I live (cold and rainy) and this is a sign of winter approaching. I will not be accepting my car if it comes in the winter. They can keep it until there is a nice day with zero snow or salt on the roads. Car was built nearly a month ago. It is sitting in the sun all day, everyday outside just soaking up those UV's. ahhhh I need to go now :brentil: :cuss:

peace
Can you imagine being one of those people who's car was made in July ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deluke said:
Can you imagine being one of those people who's car was made in July ?
ya i know... thats true. That is just plain ******* pathetic. like really, what could possibly be so wrong on a car that it needs to be sitting there for 2 and a half month? "A halo car" haha ya right GM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
dylan01 said:
Well the Pontiac hotline told somebody who checked my order status the following: or very similar to this:

"There has been a quality hold on the tops. At this point, we are unable to provide you with any further information..."

So the reason why Marco didnt see a Sol (or very very few) is because they found a problem with the top (supposedly) and the shipments of cars that were sent to Lordstown were brought back for QCH.

I am getting very unpatient now. And I mean very. The weather is going all to hell where I live (cold and rainy) and this is a sign of winter approaching. I will not be accepting my car if it comes in the winter. They can keep it until there is a nice day with zero snow or salt on the roads. Car was built nearly a month ago. It is sitting in the sun all day, everyday outside just soaking up those UV's. ahhhh I need to go now :brentil: :cuss:

peace
I don't trust a word Pontiac Hotline or Pontiac support say. They have NO CLUE !! We know more then them. I had my dealer tell DBC that my car was on hold last week, they didn't even know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the other thread "Mecca" somebody said "100 covered with bags Sounds like they're working on the top/windshield header/window seal issues." I believe that... thats similar to that the hotline said/or similar to..."problem with the top."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
dylan01 said:
In the other thread "Mecca" somebody said "100 covered with bags Sounds like they're working on the top/windshield header/window seal issues." I believe that... thats similar to that the hotline said/or similar to..."problem with the top."
It could be but I take anything they say with a grain of salt. Also there are over 2 thousand cars their, only 100 were covered ? All not top issues I would guess. I really think they have more cars to deliver then they have carriers for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
Could be 2000 cars there for top problems. Could be they're working on some to find a solution, then apply solution to the rest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Dylan01 I feel for ya...no rant here, I'm just too tired. Can't even tell myself why I'm irritated with this process, I just am. Begining to doubt the existance of any cars beyond the one I saw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan01
In the other thread "Mecca" somebody said "100 covered with bags Sounds like they're working on the top/windshield header/window seal issues." I believe that... thats similar to that the hotline said/or similar to..."problem with the top."


if they are working on a resolution to a top problem, do you think that mean sthat all that have been delivered will be re-called for the fix too or is this a random quality issue from the assembly process!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
Hopefully someone has knowledge on the subject.

My conjecture is that perhaps something was changed in the production of the top or in the installation of the top, so all of those affected got brought back. That would be the good news (not good, but better than the alternative.)

The alternative being what you said, maybe most or all of those delivered need the same fix done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
"I will not be accepting my car if it comes in the winter. "
What the hell will you do when the next (inevitable) Winter comes?
Don't understand the logic here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
"My conjecture is that perhaps something was changed in the production of the top or in the installation of the top, so all of those affected got brought back. That would be the good news (not good, but better than the alternative.)"
Well, the top has been the subject of the most complaints - that it
sometimes has an air leak that makes noise at highway speed and also that
the tops are sometimes wrinkly near the rear. Either or both of those
characteristics would seem a possible reason. Someone mentioned that a row of Solstices had been "bagged" outside against the elements. That might
indicate a leak in the top (or somewhere else).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
To Dylan01 check out this web site.I think you gave it to me. www.gmcanada.com. You can fill out a section regarding where your car is .You will need your sin # etc. Within an hour I had some call me back from GM. I was orignally told by my dealer that my car was shipped Sept 12. so I ask her where is then and she said it was actucally shipped Oct 04 and I should recieve it by the end of the month. I just hope she has got it right because I do have her number with ext.
Wish me luck
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I agree w/ kingarther, we will have annual summers and winters, guaranteed. Not accepting the call after all this simply doesn't add up. Waiting for a "nice" winter day will make the drive even more enjoyable! That being said, I do understand your frustration with the excessive waiting....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Come on, Dylan, if you waited for good weather in Canada, you'd never get one! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Editguy, you are correct. Canada is a country where the weather is just...well...odd. I may have to wait for a nice winter day to drive it home. (I hope it isnt sitting outside in the snow before I get it :brentil: )
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top