Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens if a dealer has a number of cars in his first allocation, but has no preorders? Will it simply recieve Solstices with randomly selected options? Does the dealer have to option out each car?

Does the dealer have to initiate the delivery of a car that isn't preordered... or does GM HQ just send Solstices(I guess this question would be valid for any model car)?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Dealer does a "pattern order" I think it's called. GM has pre-listed popular combinations of options ready to order.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok... just curious since my dealer might still have some cars left in allocation, seeing as how I'm 7 of 10 as of early August... if those orders don't get filled, it seems like you're telling me they'll still recieve a few randomly selected Solstices...

...so adding to that the way first 1k vehicles aren't necessarily sequentially showing up in the hands of dealers (based on color choice, location, etc), it would stand to reason my dealer could recieve a non-preordered Solstice before one specifically built for well... myself, for instance. Interesting...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
naoki said:
Ok... just curious since my dealer might still have some cars left in allocation, seeing as how I'm 7 of 10 as of early August... if those orders don't get filled, it seems like you're telling me they'll still recieve a few randomly selected Solstices...

...so adding to that the way first 1k vehicles aren't necessarily sequentially showing up in the hands of dealers (based on color choice, location, etc), it would stand to reason my dealer could recieve a non-preordered Solstice before one specifically built for well... myself, for instance. Interesting...
GM doesn't send random orders to dealers ... the dealers choose what they want and as Mceb said, they may opt for one of several "pattern" orders which is just a specific set of options the dealer feels would be most saleable in that area.

As for the order they arrive, the dealer can specify priorities for his orders and ideally, all the pre-orders would be prioritized ahead of any pattern orders placed for the dealership (and thus arrive first). But you may want to check with your dealer to make sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts