Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an ugly thought as I try to psych myself up for the ordeal on Friday. What if on the Apprentice spot they say, "If your the first ten (or even hundred) to order an EOP Solstice, you'll win it free, no charge, gratis!" It'd be consistent with the Oprah introduction of the G6. So all those predictions of no one being able to get off work to make it to a showroom would be changed to which kids that can skip a class or two. And the number of cars that arrive at showrooms with nobody to claim the payments would go through the roof. My EOP Solstice might end up gathering dust in a showroom in College Station!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Just an ugly thought as I try to psych myself up for the ordeal on Friday. What if on the Apprentice spot they say, "If your the first ten (or even hundred) to order an EOP Solstice, you'll win it free, no charge, gratis!" It'd be consistent with the Oprah introduction of the G6. So all those predictions of no one being able to get off work to make it to a showroom would be changed to which kids that can skip a class or two. And the number of cars that arrive at showrooms with nobody to claim the payments would go through the roof. My EOP Solstice might end up gathering dust in a showroom in College Station!!
Never happen. They'll be selling like hotcakes - no need to give 'em away. Although, it would be nice.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, guess your right. But as too often happens, it started as a dream and evolved into a nightmare.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I also think that if they did decide to give away the first 1, 5, 10 or whatever, it would be announced after the first 1,000 were determined, rather than during the Apprentice episode. That would simply create mob scenes at every Pontiac dealer of Friday, and I can't envision GM thinking that would encourage sales.

Plus, it's not like they made any prior announcements that the Oprah audience would all get G6's on that day. People just showed up for what they thought was the taping of an ordinary episode, and Oprah said, Hey guess what, you're all getting free Pontiac G6's.

I will anxiously await my call from GM saying Hey guess what, that Solstice you ordered last week is yours free, no payments necessary! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts