Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I've heard that there is a grinding between gears, there is a large gap between the trunk and rear quarter panel and someone had a problem with a ball joint of some sort falling apart when lowering the convertible top... I'm sure there will be more quirks to come.

So what improvements/changes should be expected, if any, for the 2007 model. I'm definitely going to hold off on getting a 2006 (if per say, one became available).. I don't feel like dealing with little headaches. That's not what new cars are for - and I'm skeptical on whether the 2007 will have fixed those flaws.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It is hard to say whether any of those problems are really chronic problems, or occasional anomolies. I am sure once GM has a lot of cars on the road and gets feedback from owners and dealer service departments for what warranty work they are doing, they will get to work to try and take care of all the major issues.

I wouldn't expect any major changes aside from the GXP turbo and auto trans, but I am sure a lot of refinement in parts and build procedures will be going on. Not just for '07, but throughout the '06 MY.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Two new colors to replace two that aren't popular. ABS becomes standard.

·
2,574 Posts
lupado said:
Well.. I've heard that there is a grinding between gears, there is a large gap between the trunk and rear quarter panel and someone had a problem with a ball joint of some sort falling apart when lowering the convertible top... I'm sure there will be more quirks to come.

So what improvements/changes should be expected, if any, for the 2007 model. I'm definitely going to hold off on getting a 2006 (if per say, one became available).. I don't feel like dealing with little headaches. That's not what new cars are for - and I'm skeptical on whether the 2007 will have fixed those flaws.
One change could be the price. If the pressure is off it could come down a tad . That is asking price versus MSRP, it's possible. I think there's more of a chance of the MSRP creaping up some due to a bump from the General at that point and that dealers will hold the line there because enough pressure will still exist due to a good bit of popularity that has yet to show itself. Either way it'll be interesting to see. Any speculation from the dealer's corner?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I see OnStar, StabiliTrak, and ABS becoming standard, and the MSRP going up to $21,999. I see the GXP being $26,999.

*shrugs* I dunno. They've promised different color choices. A good thing to look at is the changes BMW made with the Z3 over the years like steering wheel, brakes, they did a lot of engine upgrades, etc...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Two things......

lupado said:

More Power and Luggage Rack!..... :yesnod:

·
Registered
576 Posts
ntouched said:
More Power and Luggage Rack!..... :yesnod:
:agree: and perhaps a slighty refined storage area for two larger duffle bags. I think horsepower and price will climb together. :yesnod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
No added options, and base price will stay under $20K. Word is that hardly any base cars were ordered anyway, which is great for GM. They can advertise this "loss leader" model and get the benefit from having a sub $20K roadster, meanwhile everyone options them up anyway.

I wouldn't bank on any significant changes, and especially extra equipment like Stabilitrack on the base car. The car is brand new this year, and will be essentially the same next year. GM's main effort (and new twist) will be the GXP model. With that kind of power/performance, I'd suspect some form of Stabilitrack/ABS on that car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts