Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this in one of the packages I ordered but really have no idea what it is, what it does, what it shows etc. Please inform this poor, dumb old man.
BTW. What is the oldest forum member who either owns or has a Solstice on order? Me...A very young 73. Will be nearly 74 by the time my car arrives. :)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Chuck said:
I have this in one of the packages I ordered but really have no idea what it is, what it does, what it shows etc. Please inform this poor, dumb old man.
BTW. What is the oldest forum member who either owns or has a Solstice on order? Me...A very young 73. Will be nearly 74 by the time my car arrives. :)
The DIC is the display that shows your avg mpg, mph, oil life, odometer, and other helpful information. GM and other companies put this on most of the new cars. I rented a cheap 2005 Sentra, prior to leaving, and it even had it. I love it and have it on my Suburban. :thumbs:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Getting the DIC

This is an option that tells you when you're broke down on the road shoulder that there is something wrong with the car. However, I had to order it and the cruise control just to get the factory fog lamps, the three are available only in "package form".

·
Registered
472 Posts
What is the oldest forum member who either owns or has a Solstice on order? Me...A very young 73. Will be nearly 74 by the time my car arrives.

Chuck
Take very good care of yourself................the way production is going you may need to live a lot longer! :skep:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It's basic funtions are odometer, two different resetable trip meters, fuel mileage calculation based on recent driving habits, fuel range estimate based on current mileage and how much gas you have, engine coolant temperature and engine oil life shown in percentage. You can control it from a button on the steering wheel. It also will display warning messages, like "Door Ajar" or "Low Fuel" or "Cruise Control Engaged". It is also used to set custom perameters on your car's systems, like the auto-locking feature of the power locks has different options, or the delay on the auto headlights can be changed. Also the alarm settings.

It's cool. I like it. I think you will too. If you never use it, it's not big and obnoxious, so you can sort of forget about it if you wish. Of the three features in the Convenience package, it's the only one I have actually used so far other than just a basic test to see if the others were working OK. Hopefully I'll get to go on a trip soon and get to use the Cruise Control, although it's not good during break in. I doubt I'll hardly ever use the fog lights. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to what practical use they are?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
On my current car the most used feature of the DIC is the miles to empty feature, folloed by % oil life left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts