Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here.
It's my understanding that with the GMPP tune you need a new MAP sensor and a few other things. Is this the case for every tune or only to satisfy the GM warranty? The reason being a local shop has the tune on file and said they can upload it for free. So If I going to get any tune do I need the upgraded MAP and gaskets? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Z

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
You need the 3 Bar sensors for the GMPP kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea def don't plan on upgrading the turbo anytime soon. The GMPP and trifecta tunes don't go over 23psi do they?

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Trifecta works with stock sensors. It does not comply with warranty, if that is an issue for you (only GMPP tune does that). GM have specific headroom guidlines for how much their sensors should be capable of reading above anticipated maximum boost and that is why they included the new sensors in the kit, not because they were needed for any other reason.

You can't run the GMPP tune without the 3 BAR sensors or it causes computer issues, so I wouldn't suggest that you try..

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
In my opinion, get the GMMP kit if you are hyper-warranty sensitive and make sure the connections are soldered. I am biased but would leave the sensors and wiring alone and get the Trifecta tune. Vince does not need the new sensors to raise boost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea so if I have Vince make the boost at 22-23 PSI the factory sensors should be ok?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Alright, lets clear something up. Using data that I collected with my tuner and me logging, we have seen 26psi spike to settle at 24 on the STOCK sensors. The stock 2-bar is good 27.8psi. Will you see in your DIC 27psi, NO. At most you will see 23. I also thought about getting the 3-bars sensors but thought of it as a waste of money once I found this out. Been fine with my current setup.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
To reiterate 40rty. If you are not using GMMP kit keep your factory sensors they are fine and pick a tuner of your choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts