Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/25514581718.jpg&s=x1

Forgive me if the link above didn't work, it was my first try. If it didn't, please go to the "GXP Turbo Pricing" thread and look at the first picture on the bottom of page #1.

We are trying to determine if anyone knows what the red thing (dead center bottom rear) in the back is. So far on the GXP Turbo Pricing thread (see there for previous posts on this subject) we have speculated:

-Equipment inventory tag
-Plug for leaf blower turbo
-Trailor hitch location
-Engine kill switch
-Electronic Solstice plug

A few of these are sarcastic obviously. :lol:

But I am speculating it's a potential trailor hitch option (as mentioned by Bob Lutz or someone at GM I think).

Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the link working above.... yea!!!!!!! Whoopie!!!! :)

·
4,592 Posts
Is that a car in the process of shipping? My guess is that's a tie down for shipping purposes, like the baby teeth on a miata. The New NC MX-5 has holes in the fornt and rear bumper that do a similar thing, and the holes are plugged with same color painted metal after shipping.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have another idea. Maybe since the Turbo Solstice is SO FAST, it's a parachute device? :lol:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to Chris I have another idea. Maybe the car is really a Turbo DIESEL and the red thing is the engine block heater? :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Chris Stack said:
Looks like a red plug plugged into a black socket. Probably a data port for testing of the turbo car. I'd guess it is just for the mule, probably not a production part. But that's a guess.
I have to agree with CS here, I also believe it's some sort of data port for connecting various instruments too. I'd be extra sensors for temp/vibration/noise levels/etc.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How 'bout a James Bond Oil Sprayer?

Maybe we'll get that front license plate spinner yet? :lol:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stang said:
A Secret access to the Mayan Temple. :lol:
For when the car has excess gas. For humans with excess gas you just put the top down. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Bonzo said:
I have another idea. Maybe since the Turbo Solstice is SO FAST, it's a parachute device? :lol:
Dang! You beat me to it. I was going to say it's a *very small* parachute.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It could be an attachement point for a tow ring, to tow around the Sol. I've seen tow rings on 2005 Mustang Testers and racers, but on the front end.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Input for extension cord; with the price of gas going up the turbo version has be adapted to run on electricity.

1/4 mile times are said to be very impressive, as long as the cord doesn't get tangled. Slalom times not so good. :lol:

·
Registered
417 Posts
i think its a crank for the engine

1 - 20 of 28 Posts