Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What Color is your 1st 1000?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get an idea of what colors will be on the road now that we had to choose for real.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I selected deep blue, but after seeing the dealer video every color looks good on that car!!!!! This is a conundrum.

·
Registered
753 Posts
cool silver
talked it over with a designer.... we came to the conclusion that it would look best with a monochrome exterior. the 'cool' silver is the paint used for the windshield surround and fairing trim on the rear deck lid. ebony leather interior.... i guess it's a conservative look, but i think the solstice is a 'classic' design so it works for me.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only 28? I know there are more of you out there... For an Archive I will list the current results.

Aggressive 2
Mysterious 7
Cool 4
Sly 4
Deep 7
Envious 3
Pure 1

-DT

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I chose Deep. My first choice was Envious but I was told the two-tone leather interior would not be available so I changed the body color to Deep. After seeing the video my dealer gave me I'm very happy with my selection. I've never owned a dark blue car before so this should be a fun experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I chose myst cause the black top only looks good on black or white and red. And well red is bad for cops and white well I live in oklahoma and dont want a brown solstice. Black is a little easier to detail then the other colors and also yeah its the color of important people's cars, hehe. well congrats to my fellow Solstice owners. I suggest we meet up in Vegas around the 4th of july once everyone has their cars and we can take a group picture in order of our cars numbers. For those that didn't make this selection hang in there the next shipment is coming and you will be able to get yours same price and cheaper than ours. Cause I am sure we went max on the options huh guys? Well congrats and condolences.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
Deafdose said:
I chose myst cause the black top only looks good on black or white and red. And well red is bad for cops and white well I live in oklahoma and dont want a brown solstice. Black is a little easier to detail then the other colors and also yeah its the color of important people's cars, hehe. well congrats to my fellow Solstice owners. I suggest we meet up in Vegas around the 4th of july once everyone has their cars and we can take a group picture in order of our cars numbers. For those that didn't make this selection hang in there the next shipment is coming and you will be able to get yours same price and cheaper than ours. Cause I am sure we went max on the options huh guys? Well congrats and condolences.
If Samll Dealer or Conejo148 is correct with the latest delivery date, it will be 4th of July 2006!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sly

We ordered the Sly color. The dark silver really shows the lines and curves of the Solstice (I think it was the same color that was shown on the apprentice).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Aggresive

My wife and I showed up at the dealer at 1:00 EDT, we had a deposit on a car since January. She has wanted one since we saw it as a concept car in 2002. She came armed with a cake that had a picture of a Red Solstice on it, and all of the sales staff thought she was "so sweet". After the sales manager locked her and the second on his list in his office to try for the cars, chaos, and panic struck as the computer kept on with the server errors, and the commotion was amazing. The next thing I know the sales manager is fleeing the room and she is pounding away to get her car! She got hers and immediately started putting in the other customers info when the computers froze again. After her determination at the dealer and making the sales manager leave the room so she could take over the computer is there any doubt that when she got one of the 1st 1000 she would order "Aggressive Red"?
:party:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Cool was my only consideration. :cool: I live 1.5 miles off the highway. (In Oklahoma, that means dirt road.) Silver doesn't show the dust as badly as most of the colors offered.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I stuck with blue and steel/sand. I really love black, but past experience turned me away.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am going with COOL - Deep was a very close second. I live in a very warm but dusty climate - dark colors do not do well. So, COOL with two tone interior for me please.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Color choice--but what about interior?

I'm going mysterious. But, I'm still unsure about the interior. I think it will be ebony. I'm just not a huge fan of the two-tone interior. Others? What about others choosing mysterious?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mysterious with two tone leather

Why not go all out if you are one of the 1st 1000. Although I am thinking about selling it. I really didn't expect to get one of the 1st 1000. If it were any other car I would not have choose black.

·
Registered
100 Posts
cool in black

cdb, that is the same one I ordered. Was thinking black on black, but it is just to hot here in Atlanta in the summer. So it was cool with black. :cool:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts