Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking over the option on pontiacs website and under the convenience package one of the parts is a "driver information center". I was wondering what information it will have and where it will go in the car. How do they integrate it into the dash?

-pete

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
:brentil:

do a search. this has been covered numerous amounts of times. a couple people that got their owners manual had scanned some of the pages that detail it. it's built into the display for the stereo.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dori, actually it's in the instrument cluster under the Tach ( I think it's the tach, whatever it is , it's the right most gage)
pschaars, welcome to the forum but next time do a little legwork. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
eh... noobs not searching is a pet peeve of mine. but it's always gonna happen.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
:lol:

I'm sure you've noticed name of the smiley you use, the "brentil" = :brentil:

But Brentil has calmed down quite a bit since those early days :glol:

I remember the olden days - do you remember, Brentil, when we only had about 200 members, and we would get 6 threads started asking when the car was coming out, or 4 threads right in succession asking whether the top was manual or powered?

It's certainly a LOT better now. I'm thinking of a "nu-B questions" forum that we can let people ask, and give weekly awards for the fastest answers...

...that way new lazy members can ask questions and not get nailed, we can still use the :brentil: in the friendly form, people get quick answers, and the General Discussion doesn't get cluttered with dupe questions threads.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's an idea... when a new member signs up and asks a question which they didn't know has been covered and didn't notice the little bitty "search" button in the middle of a wad of other links on a disorganized web page, why don't we all turn into dickheads and bark orders instead of offering helpful information or maybe a link.

That way we don't get any more new members to stick around than we absolutely have to.

So it peeves you. So what! look at the facts... maybe they couldn't find the search button, maybe they couldn't find the information they were wanting because of different wording, or maybe they just didn't have the time right then and there to actually weed through all the bull**** that's been posted on this forum, or maybe, God forbid, someone's not used to dealing with computers or the internet and didn't know you COULD look for a search button?

**** happens...
try dealing with it in a more civilized manner that isn't going to make the rest of us look like a bunch of *******s.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
whoa, time to slow down MO-KAN SHO.

I've ranted the negative impacts of non-searching newbs before so I wont bring it up again. But it is an issue beyond making me :brentil:.

I remember the olden days - do you remember, Brentil, when we only had about 200 members, and we would get 6 threads started asking when the car was coming out, or 4 threads right in succession asking whether the top was manual or powered?
Ahhh, those were the days. :D
I'm actually kind of amased that those have slowed down. I'm guessing your FAQs have actually been very helpful it seems. We only get about 1-2 blatant questions a week now.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've never found a single Forum on any of "the internets" that doesn't have this problem. There are always going to be newbies who will post something that has already been asked. I don't know why this is, but I've come to expect it. Life's too short to let it bother me. It's too long to let it bother me, too. I usually just skip the thread if it's going to get my blood pressure up.

My driver information center says we can't get the car in Aggressive. (Since we're dusting off old stuff here....)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
MO-KAN SHO said:
Here's an idea... when a new member signs up and asks a question which they didn't know has been covered and didn't notice the little bitty "search" button in the middle of a wad of other links on a disorganized web page, why don't we all turn into dickheads and bark orders instead of offering helpful information or maybe a link.

That way we don't get any more new members to stick around than we absolutely have to.

So it peeves you. So what! look at the facts... maybe they couldn't find the search button, maybe they couldn't find the information they were wanting because of different wording, or maybe they just didn't have the time right then and there to actually weed through all the bull**** that's been posted on this forum, or maybe, God forbid, someone's not used to dealing with computers or the internet and didn't know you COULD look for a search button?

**** happens...
try dealing with it in a more civilized manner that isn't going to make the rest of us look like a bunch of *******s.
Looks like your post turned out to be the most dickheaded one of the thread.

Never was I a jerk or mean. I DID give him some info. I like to use the brentil smiley in jest, and because of that you want to call me a-hole? If I wanted to be an a-hole I could have been and my post might have looked more like this:

:brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

GOD DAMN IGNORANT BASTARD USE THE F***ING SEARCH BUTTON YOU RETARDED ASS BITCH! **** STUPID **** **** **** DAMN **** *******
so you see? you're the one that comes off as a dick with all those filtered stars in your post and I NEVER RAISED MY INTERNET VOICE!

·
Registered
64 Posts
pschaars951 said:
I was looking over the option on pontiacs website and under the convenience package one of the parts is a "driver information center". I was wondering what information it will have and where it will go in the car. How do they integrate it into the dash?

-pete
Hey Pete, even if these super smart know it alls don't like you asking again, I've searched this topic myself and nobody has really answered your question in the past. Just a few guesses and ideas of what it is. I would like a good description of its functions myself. :confused:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here's a link to the thread that I just searched for
link here

about half way down the page there are scans from the owners manual giving a lot of info on the DIC

Oh and the search terms that I used were "Information Center" There's a whole bunch of info out there :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
timmyzthree said:
Hey Pete, even if these super smart know it alls don't like you asking again, I've searched this topic myself and nobody has really answered your question in the past. Just a few guesses and ideas of what it is. I would like a good description of its functions myself. :confused:
perhaps that cause nobody really knows and nobody is going to know until we actually get our cars! :yesnod:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts