Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help to figure out What is the Pontiac solstice Keyless Entry "Remote type"

Looking to duplicate my remote.

I have xtool programer and under remote duplicate, of the GM brand it asking what is the "remote type"

Appreciate help 馃檹

See photos

Output device Gadget Communication Device Audio equipment Gas

Communication Device Gadget Font Audio equipment Display device

Administrator
Need help to figure out What is the Pontiac solstice Keyless Entry "Remote type"

Looking to duplicate my remote.

I have xtool programer and under remote duplicate, of the GM brand it asking what is the "remote type"

Appreciate help 馃檹

See photos

View attachment 120443
View attachment 120442
I believe that @agent008 just went through a similar exercise. Perhaps he will see this and respond.

A search for posts by him may also be helpful. I will do it myself if I get a few minutes.

Reactions: agent008

Registered
I have used the XHorse mini programmer and used the "cloud recognize" function or some such where I connected the keytool to my cellphone, ran the app with the phone connected to the internet. The app instructed me to press the buttons a few times and then after a while it came back with the correct remote type. In my case it was FCC ID KOBLEAR01XT (I have an early 2006 car). Most Solstices and Skys (I think 2007's and newer) have keyfobs with FCC ID KOBGT04A.

However I never was asked to choose between the type options your tool presented you with. Maybe it also has an option to "cloud recognize" the fob? Or it allows you to search by FCC ID. It will 99% be one of either KOBLEAR01XT or KOBGT04A.

Please refer to this post of mine on another (rather misnamed -- I veered a bit off-topic, sorry -- maybe it would do well to be split @JohnWR ?) thread: Tech 2 Diagnostic Tool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts