Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would post a picture of it, but I can't yet. If you go to the pontiac site and look at the pictures. Check out the one on the top row 7th from the left. It is the same one that people have been checking out to look at the darker two tone color option. Behind the head rest on the silver portion just infront of the rear deck lid is a square door looking thing that seems to pop off. If you look at pictures for the sky it is on the drivers side. Does anyone know what this is? Is it just an access panel?

·
Registered
515 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
I would post a picture of it, but I can't yet. If you go to the pontiac site and look at the pictures. Check out the one on the top row 7th from the left. It is the same one that people have been checking out to look at the darker two tone color option. Behind the head rest on the silver portion just infront of the rear deck lid is a square door looking thing that seems to pop off. If you look at pictures for the sky it is on the drivers side. Does anyone know what this is? Is it just an access panel?
Subwoofer enclosure for the Monsoon speaker package. Search for subwoofer, many threads talking about this.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Chris said:
Subwoofer enclosure for the Monsoon speaker package. Search for subwoofer, many threads talking about this.

No, it is not the subwoofer. You can see that when you move the back of the front seat forward. This is on the top of the car and just next to the head rest.

Sorry, should have said this earlier.

Maybe someone could help me out and post the picture?

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is a VERY good question. Here's the photo:

Anyone know what's up with that? (It's at the bottom/left portion of the screen)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just a guess, but I would say they move out of the way for the structure of the top.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just looking at pictures from the Deleware plant and it seems that it is also on the drivers side, so something associated with the top might make sense.

How about some of the people who have been in the car with the top up. Did it look like that section was moved during top operation?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Access Panel?

My first thought was an access panel to get to something? My second guess is a drain area for the rear window; to channel excess water away from the seals. Other than those guesses not sure what the h*ll it is...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Those fold down when raising the top to allow the softtop bows to recess, so the rear window can sit flush and vertical.

It's where these come up.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Thought so because the cover is obviously hinged in the photo.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Forget that... look at the color of that leather!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
bcbriggs said:
Forget that... look at the color of that leather!
Don't get too excited about that color, that's the one we had a whole thread on and think it's not actual color (much different than has been seen in person).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The only thing I'm not sure of is if they fold down or up when the top goes up.

Up would be a simpler design but kind of ugly looking (IMHO). Down would be cleaner but much more complex design and an easier chance of scratching the top surface.

Someone who was there might remember, maybe.

One other thing I have a question on is, looking at where those flaps are at and how close the bows come up to the seat, how close are the metal bows to your head with the top up? They're not that far away on my Miata and if the bows bent inward they would be real close to my head.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts