Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just looking through my collection of Solstice photos, and i've noticed a loooong time ago this little thing that sits above the rear-view mirror. It has been on the 2004 NAIAS show car, and the other versions in 2004. It also is on the 2005 NAIAS show car! it look like a mirror of some sort, or possibly a mini DIC. It cant be anything to do with the top because it has no hooks or anything of that sort. Ohh ya, the previous thread about the solstice on "The Apprentice," is that for sure, or is it just hearsay? lets here your thoughts on both topics! Here's what im talking about.....

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just a guess.....

Looks like the center latching receiver..........

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Like TravelinRaider said, it's where the roof latch will latch the roof to the front of the frame.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea think that's where the top hooks into.

As far as the Apprentice goes I guess it's hearsay. We are checking the episode listings to see if it comes up. Right now some site has up to episode #4 and nothing yet.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes I think the orginal post said "March/April" it would air. That would be closer to the end of Apprentice (16 week season, started end of Jan).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Take notice of the passengers side window inside frame - it looks like the rubber weather strip is cut or damaged?

Also there is nobody standing around the Solstice?? :confused

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
AJC said:
Take notice of the passengers side window inside frame - it looks like the rubber weather strip is cut or damaged?

Also there is nobody standing around the Solstice?? :confused
Those are what we've been terming the 'baby arms.' They seem to be part of the roof support/sealing structure. You can see them on some pre-production models. However the newer pre-production ones that have the XM antena on the back seem to share the newer, much better looking baby arms that the Sky concept has on it. They blend in much better with the rubber now, and look far less hideous.

·
Registered
163 Posts
brentil said:
Those are what we've been terming the 'baby arms.' They seem to be part of the roof support/sealing structure. You can see them on some pre-production models. However the newer pre-production ones that have the XM antena on the back seem to share the newer, much better looking baby arms that the Sky concept has on it. They blend in much better with the rubber now, and look far less hideous.
Pontiac needs to fix that! It looks like Sh$#$$T! :cuss

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
AJC said:
Pontiac needs to fix that! It looks like Sh$#$$T! :cuss
Go to the forum gallery and take a look at the picture of the black Solstice, they are pretty much gone from view, also while you are there take a look at the SKY pictures, you can't see them any more. :thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Check out the pics of the Sky, or the black Sol at the 2005 NAIAS. Baby arms are now gone from the windshield surround! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
AJC said:
:yesnod They are gone!
Technically they're not completely gone I believe, they've just made them a lot smaller and they blend in with the rubber surround now because they've made that larger then on the olrder versions it appears. But yes, they look far better now on some of the newer images.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mceb said:
Yes I think the orginal post said "March/April" it would air. That would be closer to the end of Apprentice (16 week season, started end of Jan).
Just had the "Apprentice" burger last night, not too shabby...but it's not something you can eat while driving a stick...or without a cupholder if you get the value meal.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
achieftain said:
Just had the "Apprentice" burger last night, not too shabby...but it's not something you can eat while driving a stick...or without a cupholder if you get the value meal.
Funny, you can see what a PR machine Trump has turned that show into. Many episodes they feature some furtune 500 company's product placed in the show. For those who did not see the first one it was around Burger King and now they promote the "special" Apprentice burger in the stores.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Go to the forum gallery and take a look at the picture of the black Solstice, they are pretty much gone from view, also while you are there take a look at the SKY pictures, you can't see them any more. :thumbs
You can't seem them on the Sky because at the NAIAS the Sky was an OLD version of the Solstice... it didn't have them at all. Don't compare the Sky from NAIAS to the Solstice as the Solstice does have the "arms" only they are smaller in size.

You could get much closer to the Sky than the Sol at NAIAS and I took many pictures of both.

Not trying to be mean or attack here... but don't get your hopes up that the arms will be gone because the Sky doesn't have them. The Sky doesn't have them because that car doesn't have a roof and doesn't need the arms yet.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mceb said:
Funny, you can see what a PR machine Trump has turned that show into. Many episodes they feature some furtune 500 company's product placed in the show. For those who did not see the first one it was around Burger King and now they promote the "special" Apprentice burger in the stores.
Mike, I wonder if the companies have competed and paid for product placement or are they just companies DT deals with on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
rlhammon said:
You can't seem them on the Sky because at the NAIAS the Sky was an OLD version of the Solstice... it didn't have them at all. Don't compare the Sky from NAIAS to the Solstice as the Solstice does have the "arms" only they are smaller in size.

You could get much closer to the Sky than the Sol at NAIAS and I took many pictures of both.

Not trying to be mean or attack here... but don't get your hopes up that the arms will be gone because the Sky doesn't have them. The Sky doesn't have them because that car doesn't have a roof and doesn't need the arms yet.
One of the Sky's shown at either NAIAS or LA had the arms and the other dind't. We did a comparison of them in another thread somewhere.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
achieftain said:
Mike, I wonder if the companies have competed and paid for product placement or are they just companies DT deals with on a regular basis.
I assume they pay for the product placement. It amounts to a half hour commerical in prime time. That's got to be worth millions, can't see Trump not cashing in on that :cool

1 - 20 of 20 Posts