Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What is this off of?

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  techcw 
#1 ·

Does anybody know what this is off of? I found it in my engine bay a month ago and have been meticulously searching to where exactly it came off of.

Somebody told me it was a fender liner sealing strip- which it could be. However, I've tried to locate where it would go, but I have had no luck.
My car is going away for the winter tomorrow :(

Thank you in advance!
Dylan

See less See more
#2 ·
One of those hit the floor when I changed the battery last summer and pulled the fender. Never really figured out where it was supposed to go.

Your signature says you have 4.350 miles on the car. That's not the case now is it?

#7 ·
It's shaped like fender seal, but I can't imagine why it would be that short. It takes about 14" worth to fit on the fender. Perhaps scrap from the factory just working it's way out?

#11 ·
I just found one in my car from the Driver side fender. I was replacing a broken molding that is behind the wheel-well liner and that runs under the bottom of the fender. Had to unbolt the fender underneath to swap in the new bit and one of those fell out.

#12 ·
techcw- That is exactly what it is. So you're saying they're just hood protectors that come off? Interesting, and thanks for those pics. Definitely the same piece

Tomatosoup- That could also be it as well. I noticed under the car where the wheel liner ends (driver side) there looked to be some type of retainer... the passenger side did not have it. So it may have come from that side. However it became loose and however it ended up on top of the fender liner is beyond me.

Weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.