Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have found out why the coolant keeps popping up I’m not expert but this doesn’t look right does anyone know what this wire goes to and what it is . I’m assuming it connects the coolant tank.
BF1BD80F-3187-4F06-9411-CB381ACDCDFF.jpeg
BF1BD80F-3187-4F06-9411-CB381ACDCDFF.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I'm seeing this correctly, it looks like the connector to your cars Coolant Reservoir Tank Sensor is either broken off, or missing. That would definitely set off a Coolant Warning on your cars DIS.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
It does appear to be the low coolant wiring that plugs into the bottom of the coolant reservoir.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I'm seeing this correctly, it looks like the connector to your cars Coolant Reservoir Tank Sensor is either broken off, or missing. That would definitely set off a Coolant Warning on your cars DIS.
So where could I get it at or you know the part number or something to see if I can’t still possibly get it at the oem or can I get it in a 3rd party place like auto zone or something ?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Look under the reservoir. The plug may still be there. If it is, you can probably reconnect it to the wire. You don't have to drain the coolant, just unplug the connector.

·
Super Moderator
17,048 Posts
Sorry I just had a flasahback to the bad old days. Next time put a warning on your picture "dirty car in picture" so those of us who are into CLEAN are able to steel ourselves before consuming. :)

Check the bottom of the overflow tank and see if the connector is in place there. If it is, and there is no wire connected to it, then you know for sure. If its there and no wire, then you can set up a test to ascertain if this is the missing cable. If the connector is missing, then you have the challenge of locating a replacement and running the test. Good luck. Not saeen this issue before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So where could I get it at or you know the part number or something to see if I can’t still possibly get it at the oem or can I get it in a 3rd party place like auto zone or something ?
A GM dealer can still get the Coolant Reservoir, but the Sensor inside the Reservoir, I cannot find by itself, and believe it only comes already installed in the Reservoir (the Grey connector on top):

However, you may only need the connector that attaches to the Sensor, but I can't find that part number. Others here may be able to help you with that.

You can also check online at: gmpartsdirect.com

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
If the connector, the blue and black part circled in red in the photo, Is still there, You can remove it by pulling out on the black tab, then pulling straight down on the connector. You may be able to reattach the wires to the connector.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts