Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thoroughly convinced that cars only show up when you are out of town. VIN 659 hit the dealer late tonight , (my car) in Atlanta and I am in raleigh, nc until Friday. What the heck is with this.


Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Same here

My car, vin 798, hit Chicago Monday afternoon and I left town Monday am and was not a happt person. I got back tonight, a day early, and am ANXIOUSLY awaiting tomorrow at 10 am!!!!!
 

·
Sol Driving Member
Joined
·
2,597 Posts
swiss said:
I am thoroughly convinced that cars only show up when you are out of town. VIN 659 hit the dealer late tonight , (my car) in Atlanta and I am in raleigh, nc until Friday. What the heck is with this.


Steve

It is a conspriacy by GM and the Dealers to have a Solstice for the showroom floor. :cool:

Oh yeh, watch out for the man behind the curtain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
swiss said:
I am thoroughly convinced that cars only show up when you are out of town. VIN 659 hit the dealer late tonight , (my car) in Atlanta and I am in raleigh, nc until Friday. What the heck is with this.


Steve

That settles it, I'm going out of town tomorrow. Where's nice this time of year? Please be sure to let my dealer know I'M OUT OF TOWN!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
I'm going on vacation for two weeks in November. Dealer thinks my first allocation car will be delivered in November. I'm convinced it will be delivered November 14th, the day I leave for vacation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Many people would LOVE to have that problem! ;) Congrats:party:
I'm have surgery next week so I know my car will be there the day of surgery. :lol: And I won't be able to drive a standard for at least 4-5 months.
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
deluke said:
I'm have surgery next week so I know my car will be there the day of surgery. :lol: And I won't be able to drive a standard for at least 4-5 months.
Sounds like the worst possible scenario. :( At least you should have very little of miles on your Sol next Spring ... just in time to pile on the miles! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I am not bitching and am happy but you all know the story on waiting and waiting and bam.

Watching the delivery what I have been able to figure out is that all cars going southeast get moved to Lordstown Ohio to get loaded on the train. For some reason there was a stop in Lexington Ky. The train transport took a week.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Sounds like the worst possible scenario. :( At least you should have very little of miles on your Sol next Spring ... just in time to pile on the miles! ;)
I'll make my husband drive me around. Not the same but I guess it will have to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Well that sucks.

The next time I'm going to be out of town for any amount of time will be late next month.

Archie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
ok---we wanted to drive the new car up north this weekend but it hasn't arrived yet. So maybe it will show up tomorrow after we leave????? I guess that would be the next best thing. Then we could pick it up on Monday and the dealership would be happy because they would have it on the showroom floor for a few days. But couldn't it just show up today so we could take it tomorrow? How difficult is that????????
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
3,468 Posts
solsticedream2 said:
That settles it, I'm going out of town tomorrow. Where's nice this time of year? Please be sure to let my dealer know I'M OUT OF TOWN!
I need to leave town until June!! :willy:

--Chemist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sent my wife to the dealer to check what the heck is gong on. The car has 16 miles on it.

Yea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
I'm have surgery next week so I know my car will be there the day of surgery. :lol: And I won't be able to drive a standard for at least 4-5 months.
That's too bad. How serious is the surgery?

I did have a very dexterous friend who drove a Honda Del Sol. She had surgery on her right arm which meant it was pretty much immobilized for months, so she would shift with her LEFT arm (take her hand off the wheel and reach across herself to operate the shifter, I think she probably steered with her knees :eek: ). Scary to be the passenger in her car, but she sure got good at it before her right are was operational again. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
That's too bad. How serious is the surgery?

I did have a very dexterous friend who drove a Honda Del Sol. She had surgery on her right arm which meant it was pretty much immobilized for months, so she would shift with her LEFT arm (take her hand off the wheel and reach across herself to operate the shifter, I think she probably steered with her knees :eek: ). Scary to be the passenger in her car, but she sure got good at it before her right are was operational again. :willy:
Last year I fell in a whole at work (I work construction) and dislocated my shoulder and had a massive tear in the rotator cuff. Three out of four muscles torn really bad. Had surgery twice,First July it was torn again by Sept. then again Surgery in Dec. it was torn again by Feb.This is my last shot at fixing it.They wanted to do a mucle transfer but my new doctor doesn't think it's a good idea.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top