Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage do you get with an LS3 engine swap on a stock NA? I've been debating on weather on not to get a Supercharger VS. an LS3, but would like to know what kind of gas mileage I can expect of the LS3 V8 engine swap. With today's gas prices and the cost of using premium gas for the V8, I am wondering if it is all worth it? Any one out there with any V8 engine swap please let me know.:)

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
If you can afford an LS3 swap why are you worried about an extra hundred or whatever a year in fuel cost?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I'd be interested in what the Insurance person is going to say when you tell them you dropped a V8 into it. Could be more than a few bucks for fuel costs?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I average between 14-17 mpg around town. With the T-56 6 speed I average mid to high 20s on the hwy.

Insurance isnt as bad as you may think. My current insurance on all of my other cars is Allstate. Allstate will only cover $2000 in upgrades (I exceeded that with the wheels and tires)

I switched to Hagerty and have the car insured for its actual value. The cost is about the same as I was paying with Allstate before upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I have USAA. There is no difference in price with mods, I pay the same rate for our Sky RL as I pay for my Sol Punisher edition. They require reciepts for mods and cover the base price of the car plus the reciepts as the value of the car. They have already repainted my hood, which would normally cost $5-700. They cut me a check for $2700 without batting an eye or changing my rates.

If I take it easy with Punisher I get in the low 20s. If I put my foot in it, I get in the high 10s.:thumbs:

If you go to a SC you will be using high octane fuel too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can tell you my LS2 get a pretty consistent 14 City and 22 highway. I'm sure I could improve on that with better driving habits, but it's hard to resist the temptation to get on it once in awhile. I did notice mileage drops off fast once you drive over 65 on the highway. :driving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts