Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
At the moment the SKY is my preference, but here is the list.
A/C, leather (two tone), LSD, Chrome wheels, power locks, power windows, upgraded stereo, if choice of top color, then camel top. :smile

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Plan on "Fully Loaded". Like the looks of the two-toned leather seats and have found that the "options", once I get used to them, become "requirements" that I wonder how I lived without. Just buying a 2 seated roadster, instead of the more sensible cars I've owned recently, is an indulgence so I figure I may as well go all the way! With that said, sure would be nice if the forced induction was at option at introduction!

Oh yeah! Forgot to add that I specifically don't want the wheel upgrade. Will be replacing them with 17" aftermarket wheels so I can be just a little different from all you when I see you on the road! That'll be me in the dark silver Sol with black stripes and ulta-light polished rims and a big smile! But then expect you'll be smiling too!:cheers

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yellow paint, LSD, and 6-disc CD-Changer are the three things I would personally need in this car. There are other options I would like, but that will depend on how much money I have.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Let's see: A/C for those summer rainy days, LSD, Upgraded Stereo, possibly chrome wheels, and either dark blue or green. That's probably all that I would get but I'll know definitely whenever they release the final options list.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A/C, leather, and power doors/window. I may upgrade the rims, it will depends on what the stardard one look like.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Here's my list:

1) Supercharger / Turbo (I'll wait a year if I know it's coming for sure)
2) Limited Slip Diff
3) Upgraded stereo (in dash CD changer if no aux input for my mp3 player)
4) Tilt / Cruise
5) Power Locks / RKE

Color... either the blue or green. I have to see what the roof looks like on both of them.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
To soon to tell what the option packages for the Solstice are going to be, but for sure: Leather, AC, CD Changer, LSD and maybe polished wheels. When I know more about the packages I'll be able to tell if they're worth it or not. Oh yeah, either green or red, haven't made up my mind yet. Do I want the same red I have on my car now, or the same green my wife has on her car now? Not thrilled with the color choices. Come on Pontiac! Some of us are having mid-lifes right now! How 'bout you brighten things up and give us some pizzaz! I know, they're saving the good colors for the second year performance model! :banghead

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DreamerDave said:
Oh yeah! Forgot to add that I specifically don't want the wheel upgrade. Will be replacing them with 17" aftermarket wheels so I can be just a little different from all you when I see you on the road! That'll be me in the dark silver Sol with black stripes and ulta-light polished rims and a big smile! But then expect you'll be smiling too!:cheers
will you be going to a higher profile sidewall to keep the same final circumference on the tire? and are you confident that the smaller wheel will fit over the disc brakes without interference? i was thinkink of a 'minus' size wheel for a dedicated set of winter wheels and tires so i may be looking for 17" wheels also.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I’ll probably load it up with whatever GM offers. There won’t be a ton of options by the looks of what we have seen so far, but I’ll probably check nearly all the boxes. I might pass on upgraded wheel finishes if they cost more than I think they are worth for the finish (I would pay for chrome, but if the up level wheel is just polished or brushed aluminum I may pass). I also won’t get XM in the car. If I decide to go satellite, I will get it as an add on so I can use it other places too (one receiver per subscription).

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Speaking of XM, why not put the XM antenna some where else, it ruins the smooth lines of this car. There's got to be a better placement than right smack in the middle of the trunk. :crazy

·
Registered
23 Posts
What are the positives of LSD? In terms of driving, how/what changes when you drive a car with or without a limited slip diff? Thanks....

·
Registered
397 Posts
If the inside wheel wants to spin in a turn, the differential locks up and forces the outside wheel to put power down. Helps in competitive driving, wet driving, and hard acceleration.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
gonnagetone said:
What are the positives of LSD? In terms of driving, how/what changes when you drive a car with or without a limited slip diff? Thanks....
The simple answer, its easier to put the power to the ground in a turn.

Longer answer, but not too long: IN a car with an open differential, power is really only being routed to one of the two wheels on the axle. Therefore, if one wheel loses traction, it will just spin and no power will go to the other wheel. In sporty driving when you are going around a turn, the weight of the car shifts to the outside of the turn, unloading the inside wheels. Without an LSD differential, that inside wheel will spin free under power, and you won't be able to give it the gas through the turn or you will just spin that inside tire. If you have an Limited Slip Differential, the differential will allow power to go to the wheel with the most traction. So instead of just allowing the slipping wheel to turn, it will feather power to the wheel with greater grip allowing you to accelerate through the turn, and/or use the throttle to aid steering.

It can also help in slippery conditions too. If one wheel is on ice, and you have an LSD, power will go to the other wheel and you will still be able to move. If it was an open differential, you'd essentially be stuck spinning the tire.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts