Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car production number I got mine last month and also how do you know if they actually installed that monsoon option my radio does not say anything like that but I did order it? I also have an 05 gto pretty cool car too wish it was a cov.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Production Number and Monsoon......

shewbart said:
the car production number I got mine last month and also how do you know if they actually installed that monsoon option my radio does not say anything like that but I did order it? I also have an 05 gto pretty cool car too wish it was a cov.
Last four digits on the Vin # are the production numbers. Look for the Subwoofer behind the passenger seat. If the subwoofer is there, you have the monsoon system!
:yesnod:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
shewbart said:
I'm confused. Are you saying you received your Solstice last month? If so, then yes, look for the woofer behind the passenger seat. No woofer, no monsoon.

If you are saying you got your VIN # last month, but no car yet, and you are asking how to determine from your VIN # if you have the monsoon ordered, then no, the VIN tells you nothing. The VIN says a couple of things, like engine type and body type, but basicly it's just a serial number. Does not say anything about options, nothing at all about options. Period.

PS: If you DID get your Solstice, tell us in which city you live, what color Solstice you got, help us to get to know you.

You might also want to start your own thread to announce the arrival of your car, however late the announcement is. Then we can share in your joy and that gives us a reason to party. Not that we need a reason to party, heck, we'll party for any reason at all!

·
Registered
397 Posts
shewbart maybe thinking of some of the older VINs that had color and option codes along with plant, date, etc. codes all in the VIN (eg: 60's Mustangs, etc.) Unfortunetely, we don't get any of that with the Sol VINs. It's a shame too because if Sols ever become collector cars those detailed VINs are great tools for resale and resto.

Also by the way shewbart not to be a jerk or anything but I don't know if anyone ever told you before like I don't know maybe an English teacher or something you know back in grade school or your folks if they ever checked your homework or something but well whatever anyway you seem to have a terrible habit of writing run-on sentences! :lol:

Just kidding of course, it's just been terribly slow here while waiting. I seem to be taking my frustrations out on innocent by-standers.

...And of course - Welcome to the forum!! :cool:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
SD SOL said:
Also by the way shewbart not to be a jerk or anything but I don't know if anyone ever told you before like I don't know maybe an English teacher or something you know back in grade school or your folks if they ever checked your homework or something but well whatever anyway you seem to have a terrible habit of writing run-on sentences! :lol:

Just kidding of course, it's just been terribly slow here while waiting. I seem to be taking my frustrations out on innocent by-standers.

...And of course - Welcome to the forum!! :cool:
That was so funny, SD SOL. :)

You should warn him about those two Solstice Forum members who continue to haunt these halls and terrorize others for their lapses in proper use of the English language. Tell him if he sees either of those two coming, to just turn and run as fast as he can, or suffer the consequences.

Oh, the names of those two terrorists of the eloquence-impaired? That would be Editguy and gizmo2004.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
LOP DR said:
Hi - we just got ours last Friday - it's Deep, loaded, and has a nice growl.
LD
That's great news. Party time! :party:

How about a VIN number? You could edit your signature by going to User CP and put the VIN and color and anything else you want in the signature.

·
Registered
543 Posts
It's all in the name.

;) Would a LOP DR have anything to do with plastic surgery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is the exact car in the brochure loaded with 400 miles now, my only complaint is the wind noise and not being able to read the radio stations with the top down. My last conv. was a jaguar and I suppose it spoiled me a little but the car is fun and turns a lot of heads in Humble Texas.
Sorry for the poor grammer and spelling that is what happens when you retire about eight years ago at 33. Now I just need to know how to count money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
LOP DR said:
Hi - we just got ours last Friday - it's Deep, loaded, and has a nice growl.
LD
waiting for my deep, I changed from sly to deep, I am hoping the color is as great as it looked on the dvd................mine should be here in the next 2 weeks can't wait:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
shewbart said:
Mine is the exact car in the brochure loaded with 400 miles now, my only complaint is the wind noise and not being able to read the radio stations with the top down. My last conv. was a jaguar and I suppose it spoiled me a little but the car is fun and turns a lot of heads in Humble Texas.
Sorry for the poor grammer and spelling that is what happens when you retire about eight years ago at 33. Now I just need to know how to count money.
Don't worry - I was just funnin' with ya! :)
Besides, I generally don't give flack for poor spelling or grammer. I was just finding it hard to follow your comments when they were bleeding one into the other.
Glad you're enjoying your Sol!

·
Registered
282 Posts
coolwom said:
waiting for my deep, I changed from sly to deep, I am hoping the color is as great as it looked on the dvd................mine should be here in the next 2 weeks can't wait:)
DVD??? what dvd??..where?? who??? I want one!!!! aarrrgghhhh!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts