Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been exploring my new car and it's awesome. It has come with literally every piece of documentation, wrapper, brochure etc that was available. I looked in the compartment of the trunk and found all the original instructions for the soft top, the cargo net and these two trim pieces. Can anyone tell me what they are? They are obviously body trim parts and the clips look like they have never been installed and there is absolutely a left and right side.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
There's probably a part # molded in on the underside.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Flip them over and take more pictures. Lets see the top part of these. But it looks like they could be the inside door trim pieces. The black plastic floor runners between the seats and the doors. Not sure from the pictures.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SolNut you were right. I guess I missed that part in the instructions. I don't believe that I will use the soft top but I wanted it to make everything complete. I put it together today with some great stretching and a rubber persuader. I will leave it assembled till summer then pack it up and store it.

thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
523 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Oh wow man, is that shag carpet? Far out...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the only surface I could find that was light enough to show the dark parts! But yes it's a shag area rug.

·
Registered
848 Posts
just an FYI, once you read the soft top instructions you will see those 2 pieces shown. Wonder why the prior owner didn't pop these on, they make the finish of the softtop clean inside.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Also, always make sure you kept the spares tightly wrapped inside the soft top, and in the soft-top bag, with the bag string pulled and tied tightly when stored. Otherwise the pointed end of the spares could slip-out of the soft-top and put a nice gouge in the pant or metal quarter panel. Luckily, when it happened to me the pointed end of the soft top spare hit the cement floor in the garage floor. Had it hit the paint or metal of the car it would nicked or dented the metal for sure, and I learned to never to keep the soft-top stored in the car unless it was also kept in the soft-top bag.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did finally read the instructions and figured it out. Sometimes this forum just makes it to easy. The prior owner was the dealership. Nothing had been put together. The 600 or so miles on the car must have been from the owner of the dealership and clearly the hard top has not been off.

ChopTop, thanks for the advice I will be careful. I will likely just store the soft top bag and all in the house. I only opened it for curiosity.

John

·
Registered
848 Posts
I did finally read the instructions and figured it out. Sometimes this forum just makes it to easy. The prior owner was the dealership. Nothing had been put together. The 600 or so miles on the car must have been from the owner of the dealership and clearly the hard top has not been off.

ChopTop, thanks for the advice I will be careful. I will likely just store the soft top bag and all in the house. I only opened it for curiosity.

John
John, not sure if you are aware of the cost of the soft top (I does not come with the car, it's an accessory), but given the $$$, and my short experience with it, here are my suggestions:

1) keep the soft top at home, fully assembled.
2) if you are going on a trip and want to store it, fine, put it in the bag and into the back of the car per the exact directions. When back from trip pull out and assemble and put back in house.

When you store it in the bag, I found that even with the exact directions, the little push balls lay against part of the soft top and leave an indentation. so I actually put a towel in between there as well. But it makes a big difference in care/appearance keeping it assembled when not in use.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Those are the soft-tops front and rear soft top header cavities filler panels, once they click into place they can stay. Also, a good idea to let the soft top set out in the sun about an hour so the vinyl canvas can stretch before you slid the side spares into place easier. Then leave and store it set-up for a week or two. Basically it's like a pair of new tight jeans you have to let stretch out so they become easier to wear after awhile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts