Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a series of test drive events around the US for the new Miata.

Dealers probably won't have Solstices available for test drives until 2006. Alot of people (myself included) won't buy a car they cannot test drive. GM needs to make these cars available for test drives. sure, they have 9000 pre-sold, they need to sell alot more to make this car a success. If I drive that Miata and like it, I'll order one, especially if I cannot get an opportunity to drive a Solstice.

whats GM going to do with these hundreds of test cars they built? Toss 30 or 40 of them into a road show and get out there with something like this.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
nyca said:
its a series of test drive events around the US for the new Miata.

Test drive would be putting it mildly. You get to flog a new MX-5 and RX-8 (within the constraints of safety on a closed course).

Think of it as someone setting up an autocross course, tossing you the keys and saying, "Drive it like you stole it"

Mazda did something similar the previous two years to introduce the Mazda6 and Mazda3. Both years they had well over 20K people sign up. The major difference is this one is free!

I did well the first year. Finished in the top 10% of the country. Last year it was raining my event day in Philly and I sucked big time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts