Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started to compile a list of the mod's that I eventually want to complete. The list has been getting longer the more I read here and costlier, so is life. It turns out that next month is an oddity the kind I like, I will have a extra paycheck. So the question arises what do I put 300-400$ into, I have more but can't spend it :cryin:. I'd like to get some ideas from you all, any taker's. So far I have determined that the last owner('s) left it original. Not something I'm capable of :lol:.

Here are a few pics:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w437/Brian15557/2012-09-22_13-27-49_984_zps1c36db3b.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w437/Brian15557/2012-09-22_13-27-11_915_zps5858b6ba.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
How about some nice chrome or silver metal / mesh grills for the front? This forum has lots of pics if you do a search. The chrome / silver looks nice on a dark colour Sol plus you are a NA so you don't have to worry about the the GXP fog light bezels and trying to match. Let the moding begin!!!!!:thumbs::willy::thumbs:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought of the Backbrace. I like the idea of the clear lenses with amber LED's. I found a vertical billet grille I like to, thanks so far, keep them coming, please.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
This is my list of mods I would recommend to anyone, and/or immediately do myself (again) if I got a new car. All have posts/threads about 'how to do it' on the fora:

Type : Part/Mod
Safety : Dual horn (add hi-tone)
Safety : Convert side markers light to flash on turns
Performance : Better tires
Performance : DDM Backbone
Performance : DDM Probeam
Comfort/Convenience : Auto-dim interior mirror (eBay)
Comfort/Convenience : Heated seats
Comfort/Convenience : Roof storage Kappa attic
Comfort/Convenience : Seat Belt Buckle - Button/Stop
Comfort/Convenience : Auto Window Up/Down Controller (DEI 530t)
Lighting : Footwell & Puddle lights
Lighting : Trunk-lid (high) LED light
Protection : Front Clearshield (Bumper+hood)
Protection : GMPP Floor mats (rubber)
Protection : GMPP rocker panel shield
Protection : Jack pads

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I don't know who else still does a tune for the NA but Wester's Garage used to pretty sure he still does, I had a tune on my NA made a big difference and wasn't to expensive if I remember right. Get the backbone now or later just get one.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Your car is fine as it is. Send me the 400 bills and I'll experiment for you and let you know what you should do next time you get this opportunity.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
:lol::lol:

If I could I would chickenwire. I thought I would have more cash on hand after getting my toy but I miscalculated, story of my life.

Tomatosoup: I have the LED's for the foot lighting just need to put them in and I saw the trunk light as well perhaps next paycheck. I'll need to look into some of the others you mentioned not familiar with them.

lil goat: I wanted to get a few mods done to the engine before I have a tune done but it's on the list.

Been checking into adding a turn signal on the mirror but I want it virtually invisible till it's on.

·
Registered
220 Posts
the ddmworks valve cover makes the engine look cleaner and so would a cold air intake. both would run about $325 shipped, and both look great together

1 - 9 of 9 Posts