Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've had my deposit with my dealer (whose been great) since July of 2004, that's 2004 ! Car built Sept 26th, but with going on two months its not been shipped. Anger & frustration aside, with grey November and then winter coming soon, should I just cancel the present car -- let the dealer sell it -- and reorder now for later delivery ? My wife says why make payments on a car that will sit 98% of the time over the next 3 - 4 months -- good point there.
Any thoughts ? And most important --- if I reorder now, how soon can I realistically (key word here ---REALISTICALLY) expect to get it ? Will I experience a price increase ? And will it be labeled an '06 or an '07 ?

Westbadenboy needs your wisdom .................

:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Westbadenboy said:
OK, I've had my deposit with my dealer (whose been great) since July of 2004, that's 2004 ! Car built Sept 26th, but with going on two months its not been shipped. Anger & frustration aside, with grey November and then winter coming soon, should I just cancel the present car -- let the dealer sell it -- and reorder now for later delivery ? My wife says why make payments on a car that will sit 98% of the time over the next 3 - 4 months -- good point there.
Any thoughts ? And most important --- if I reorder now, how soon can I realistically (key word here ---REALISTICALLY) expect to get it ? Will I experience a price increase ? And will it be labeled an '06 or an '07 ?

If you can get in with a dealer that has second allocations left, you should have it by June or even May.( Try to be first or second in the second allocation) What your wife say's makes sence I thought of it ,but I just couldn't wait. It may be in a garage but I know I have it in case we have an early spring.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Actually I am not so sure it is a good point. Even if you had taken delivery in August, the car was going to sit "98%" of the time in the winter and you would have still had payments. As will happen next winter, the winter after that and the winter after that.

Only the dealership that you choose to order from can give you an acurate estimate of when you might now see the car. Recently someone posted that they were only 49th in line at their dealership. And the dealership only got 8 in the first four month allocation, so maybe only 12 more this year. Another 20? for 2007. So he could be summer of 2008.

If you were getting the Premium Package or the Polished Wheels, then yes, a new order would be at a higher price then your current order.

Stay the course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
Since I am in a somewhat similar situation (expect delivery in the next few weeks - and we should see snow this weekend), I'll give you my thinking... :banghead:

The car is going to cost what it will cost - and it will take years to pay off. Whether I start paying on it in December or April, in the long run makes little difference. To SD's point - prices will go up. The other thing we have seen moving steadily upward are interest rates :( . You COULD end up paying another full point (or more :yesnod: ) by delaying 6 months.

The one thing that would make me consider delaying (if I were you) is the quality hold - which I guess your car has been part of. When the car shows up, if its not moldy or stained - I'd take it. GM will make any mechanical problems right (eventually :leaving: )


...AND, if there is just ONE nice day in January or February, where you get to drop the top and take a nice long cruise - priceless :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Actually I am not so sure it is a good point. Even if you had taken delivery in August, the car was going to sit "98%" of the time in the winter and you would have still had payments. As will happen next winter, the winter after that and the winter after that.

Only the dealership that you choose to order from can give you an acurate estimate of when you might now see the car. Recently someone posted that they were "only" 49th in line at their dealership.
"ONLY" 49TH!!!!! :glol: :willy: :glol: I'm not laughing at who ever is 49th, I feel sorry for them, but just the way you wrote it SD. So dry and calm, like you were British or something.

And the dealership only got 8 in the first four month allocation, so maybe only 12 more this year. Another 20? for 2007. So he could be summer of 2008.

If you were getting the Premium Package or the Polished Wheels, then yes, a new order would be at a higher price then your current order.

Stay the course.
:agree: Stay the course or you'l regret it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
MAKsys said:
The car is going to cost what it will cost - and it will take years to pay off. Whether I start paying on it in December or April, in the long run makes little difference. To SD's point - prices will go up. The other thing we have seen moving steadily upward are interest rates :( . You COULD end up paying another full point (or more :yesnod: ) by delaying 6 months.


...AND, if there is just ONE nice day in January or February, where you get to drop the top and take a nice long cruise - priceless :yesnod:
Several good points here. I locked in an interest rate of 4.24% at my credit union last month, when my car got invoiced. Rates for new loans there today are 4.74% for the same loan.

My car arrived at the dealer today, and I won't be picking it up until Wednesday, but I agree with many others here on the forum. It is worth the wait!

Also, it looks like the quality hold is finally over, and cars are once again shipping, so it may not be much longer for you. I say hang in there, and hope you get your car soon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
177 Posts
Mine is due in tonight or tomorrow and I will not drive it in the snow either but if we get some good days and the salt is off the road I will take her out for a blast. At least it will be in the garage ready to go.

I would not take the chance of not getting another one. Once these cars are seen on the road, gm will not ever get cought up with the orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
kenf said:
Mine is due in tonight or tomorrow and I will not drive it in the snow either but if we get some good days and the salt is off the road I will take her out for a blast. At least it will be in the garage ready to go.

I would not take the chance of not getting another one. Once these cars are seen on the road, gm will not ever get cought up with the orders.

Kenf any news on your car
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top