5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Pontiac
Has 70, ooo miles automatic tranny clean body but don’t have pictures

please respond.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
There are lots of things to look at on a Solstice. Rob the Elder has an exhaustive list of things to check. See post #7 at the link below.

Here's something else to look at regarding the top.

$10,000 isn't too much, as an owner of a 2008 I would hope that they go for way more. Do your homework before you buy or work any necessary repairs into the price. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Thanks //////// mileage is 70,000 that’s very low for over 20 years
It would be - but isn't this Solstice only 12 years old? What am I missing?

·
Super Moderator
7,357 Posts
Thanks //////// mileage is 70,000 that’s very low for over 20 years
For a "normal" 12-year-old car 70k would be very low, but for a Solstice it is actually on the high side of average.

·
Super Moderator
16,347 Posts
There are lots of very low mileage cars out there if you look. I have two, one with 28k and one with 34k miles and I am the original owner. These cars tend to be used as toys only taken out on sunny days or stored as a "collector" car. When the value continues to decline, people sell them. Or they are outlived by their cars and their survivors sell them.

If you invest the effort you can likely find a car with less than 25k miles for the same price.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
It would be - but isn't this Solstice only 12 years old? What am I missing?
His brain knew 12, his fingers liked 20

Happens

·
Registered
6,883 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
LOL

When I'm typing up something at work sometimes you can hear me mutter "that isn't even a word"

·
Registered
15 Posts
2008 Pontiac

please respond.
I bought my 2008 Solstice with 89,000 miles 5 years ago for $10K. The only problem I have had with the car was the wheel bearings were getting noisy so I replaced all 4 wheel hubs and rear half-shafts (as a precaution) myself. I upgraded the engine with the GMPP kit . . . making my Solstice a "pocket rocket."
GXP_1.JPG $10K is not too much for a truly fun car!

·
Registered
27 Posts

A little too much in my view. You can get it for 9k or less with that many miles.
I paid 10 about a year and a half ago but its not a GXP, but it had only 29k miles and almost perfect.
And I could have bought it for 9 but her husband had died, I gave her 10 she was asking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
$10,000 is too much for a 12 year old car with 70,000 miles. KBB says $4,700-$6,100 in my area. You need to check for yourself with all the options.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I believe that you can get a similar car for a better deal, or get that car for less money. Region plays a role but 10K seems high to me.

I started my search for another Sol GXP two years ago. 6 of the 9 cars I considered were 10K. It's a common price. Dealer, private sale, no difference. One was 5K and actually, and if I had more storage space, I would seriously consider buying it if still available, but as a parts car.

I got twice the car that any of those 10K examples were, for 12K. And it had only 22,000 miles. There are several minor flaws in my car as well; it is not perfect. I had offers to buy two cars from members here at this forum for 14 to 16K or so, and those cars were what I'd call "nothing/nothing" cars: They needed nothing done to them in the least and I would want to do nothing to them they were so nice.

You might want to consider saving a bit more for your budget and then simply buy a really nice one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Johnny c,

If you have patience, you will find the RIGHT car for YOU.

Look at all the car sites, to see what is out there. Take notes, if you can't remember (like me), of all the Solstices you see and like. Facebook, Craigslist, Autotrader, CarGurus,etc.; check them all out.

I drove hundreds of miles to look at Sols & kept getting fooled. Prices will be determined by condition, miles, options, location, etc.

I got lucky & found mine on Autotrader, 30 miles away.

It's a 2008 2.4L Sly 13K miles --- MINT !! Yes, I OVERPAID ! More than $10K. And since (last year) I've added tires & wheels, DDM brace set, SOLO axle back exhaust & DDM CAI. So there is no way that my HEIRS will get that money back.

BUT, I'm gonna enjoy the HELL out of it while I can.

Good luck in your search & have patience to find the right deal for you.

Sorry for the semi-rant,
G.W.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts