Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I just saw a thread this last week showing and talking about a device that is less expensive then a tech2....what was the name of it please???

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Thanks for posting video. I found interesting.
I bought the Blue Driver Scan Tool a while back & have used it on occasion. It was under $100.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Can the Blue Driver also change the settings a Tech2 can change ? The manufacturer of the VCX Nano told me that is not the case with their product (when using it for a Solstice).

·
Super Moderator
7,357 Posts
Thanks for posting video. I found interesting.
I bought the Blue Driver Scan Tool a while back & have used it on occasion. It was under $100.
Can the Blue Driver also change the settings a Tech2 can change ? The manufacturer of the VCX Nano told me that is not the case with their product (when using it for a Solstice).
Based on the description from their website, the BlueDriver is not the equivalent of the Tech2.

The key to the functionality of the VCX Nano is the cracked (pirated ?) software that "duplicates" Tech2Win and allows a computer to emulate the Tech2.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all!! This is helpful. Now off to fight with Dorman over their fob programmer. They aren't certain that they will ever get a "new" one that doesn't create the "low battery in fob" warning. So I've sent them a letter stating that since their equipment was faulty, asking if they would pay for me to take my car to the dealer to have the remotes programmed. No response yet. My OE remote was fine prior, it was just old and getting harder to use. So rather then fight with it, I bought the programmer and 2 other remotes.

·
Super Moderator
7,357 Posts
Operation of the VCX Nano was spotty for me, but it usually didn't work. The problem may have been my computer since others have had success with it.

I am confident that my Tech2 "clone" is a real Tech2, made by the original Chinese manufacturer, just not under license from GM. It came with all of the correct GM labels and a set of accessories and adapters that no one would bother to clone.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Thank you all!! This is helpful. Now off to fight with Dorman over their fob programmer. They aren't certain that they will ever get a "new" one that doesn't create the "low battery in fob" warning. So I've sent them a letter stating that since their equipment was faulty, asking if they would pay for me to take my car to the dealer to have the remotes programmed. No response yet. My OE remote was fine prior, it was just old and getting harder to use. So rather then fight with it, I bought the programmer and 2 other remotes.
My son is a GM certified tech at a GM dealer. I have access to his tech 2 whenever I need. I recently bought two new fobs and programmed them with a tech 2 and was getting the same "low battery in fob warning" after programming, so it may not have been the complete fault of the dorman product

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is interesting. They told me to reprogram my OE remote and not to program the new one because the new ones are what was causing the issue. Problem with that is that ive already used 2 programming sessions and I only have one left. I would rather have 2 great working remotes then 1 OE thats 12 years old and I have to be next to the car to get to work...interesting.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
This is interesting. They told me to reprogram my OE remote and not to program the new one because the new ones are what was causing the issue. Problem with that is that ive already used 2 programming sessions and I only have one left. I would rather have 2 great working remotes then 1 OE thats 12 years old and I have to be next to the car to get to work...interesting.
IIRC any remotes that have already been programmed to the car can be deleted by a tech 2 and the you could have a fresh start

·
Super Moderator
7,357 Posts
IIRC any remotes that have already been programmed to the car can be deleted by a tech 2 and the you could have a fresh start
The Dorman programmer requires that you set up any remotes that you want to use in one session. The Tech2 allows you to add and delete remotes individually.

·
Super Moderator
7,357 Posts
Curious to know if you are using the wifi or usb version.
WiFi. Here is a discussion about it: Tech-2 recommendation

Note: I pretty much abandoned mine at that point, as the Tech2 has been working, and I had too much going to to experiment with other computers. I will probably pick it up again one of these days when things calm down.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I asked because the video in post #2 the narrator said he had issues with the wifi verion but the usb worked well. Something to note if I buy one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts