Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has low miles, but I always like to carry a few screwdrivers and a pair of pliers. Do you carry any special tools that you like? Maybe a small socket set (metric or inch?). What do you all feel is the best thing? thanks

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Tire pressure gauge, that's it.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Tire pressure gauge, tire plug kit and folding multitool.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bottle opener is always in my wallet!!!

I keep a torque wrench and socket in the pouch behind the seat to check the lug nuts when I get gas (I have TPMS to check the tires). I also have a slotted and Philips screwdriver and pliers in case a sensor, hose or pipe comes loose.

Travel duct tape, electrical tape, lighter, matches, small knife, multi-tool, gloves, paper towel, and a sheet of plastic to make a funnel are in every car I own.

The kit is about the size of 2 cigarette packs and has saveD the day for me a few times, but countless times for random unprepared people I met in a parking lot and helped out.

--Christian

·
Registered
299 Posts
I carry an allen wrench and a small pair of pliers to hold it. It's behind the passengers seat and used to open the top when/if the butresses get stuck because the small plastic pieces on the cable break! Bailed me out a couple of times already.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Mine has low miles, but I always like to carry a few screwdrivers and a pair of pliers. Do you carry any special tools that you like? Maybe a small socket set (metric or inch?). What do you all feel is the best thing? thanks
Everything (AFAIK) on this car is metric... Same with my PT Cruiser.

My Jeeps are a fun mix... :(

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi there!

Same as on my Harley -- credit card, cell phone :)

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Thread reminded me of several years ago when a nephew got a new super-hot Yamaha snowmobile that was packaged so densely you had to remove three cowlings just to change the oil. He was trying to figure out where to put a tool kit when his dad told him the only tool kit he needed was a rope - 'cause there wasn't a DAMN thing he could service on the trail. lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
10mm,19mm,7mm,plug kit,pony jack ,
spare cable pieces ,small standard screwdriver ,
small torque wrench inside of a mailing tube .
a quarter inch small ratchet ,6 inch quarter inch extension .
LLLFLY

·
Super Moderator
7,528 Posts
Flashlight
Tire Gauge
Plug Kit
Fuses
Bulbs
Air Compressor (Not Factory)
Wrench to fit the screws that retain the tail light assembly
DashDAQ