Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering who's tune everyone is running. I know the major players....Trifecta, HPTuners, Wester's, GMPP....but what other's are out there? I have a method to my madness! ;)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
hp tuners - tweaked by randy
pray tell method man - wat madness of do u speak ?

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Westers on top of my GMPP

·
Registered
731 Posts
Trifecta tune here. 23 psi and still smiling after 2 years.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
GMPP :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
As a supporting member over at Kappa Performance I got a $200 discount on the Westers tune. Great tune!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hp tuners - tweaked by randy
pray tell method man - wat madness of do u speak ?
I'm just trying to find what tuners are out there that I haven't contacted.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
To put Rob's statement in perspective, he is running an LS3 Hot Cam V8 crate engine in Punisher. I don't believe there is a copy of LS2Edit available for the LNF (GXP) engine.
You are correct, but Ken does have tunes for the LNF and they are listed on his website, I am unaware of anyone who has one installed.

He has his personal Sol NA badged Mallet number one that never was converted.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,478 Posts
You are correct, but Ken does have tunes for the LNF and they are listed on his website, I am unaware of anyone who has one installed.

He has his personal Sol NA badged Mallet number one that never was converted.
Thanks for clearing that up, Rob. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
so, a question...

after a tune, does it mean you must run with premium gasoline ?

right now I still use regular gasoline in my GXP.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so, a question...

Yes.....you must run premium after a tune. Most run fine on 91, some even require 93. But bare in mind, after a tune you will also get better gas mileage (most of the time). Just between the "winter brew" and the "summer brew" gas, I went from 25.5 to 28.7 respectively.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,478 Posts
so, a question...

The following is from a 2007 owner's manual for the Solstice:

Gasoline Octane
Use premium unleaded gasoline with a posted octane rating of 91 or higher. You may also use regular unleaded gasoline rated at 87 octane or higher, but your vehicle’s acceleration may be slightly reduced, and you may notice a slight audible knocking noise, commonly referred to as spark knock.

If the octane is less than 87, you may notice a heavy knocking noise when you drive. If this occurs, use a gasoline rated at 87 octane or higher as soon as possible. Otherwise, you might damage your engine. If you are using gasoline rated at 87 octane or higher and you hear heavy knocking, your engine needs service.
OK, you can get away with using regular, if you don't mind the ECM limiting your performance to less than the car is capable of performing.

Personally, I want as much performance as that engine can give me, so I always use Premium.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't even get me started on this one, gas out here has gone up 27 cents in a fricken week and a half :cuss::mad::wtf:
I meant 25.5mpg to 28.7mpg!!! not pricing...LOL

1 - 20 of 42 Posts