Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to get my solstice before Labor Day. During Labor Day weekend, my and my gf would like to take a nice weekend drive. We live in Indiana, and are thinking about visiting southern indiana (french lick area). Lots of hills, widing roads, forests etc.

If I don't get it before Labor Day, I dont know when I will go, I start classes after Labor Day so all my free time will be spent studying.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Our first week end trip will be along the Maine coast,Bar Harbor,and Acadia National Park.that is if I have the car before the end of Oct.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Our first trip in the Solstice will, depending on the time of day, be to our financial planner - he was instrumental in making this happen at the most basic of levels = $$$! :cheers:

·
Registered
383 Posts
first trip home..

Since I live in Maryland and have ordered it in Florida (friends and family live there) my first trip will be a 1200 mile trek home! Might sound a lil crazy to some...but to me it sounds like heaven. I am driving my leased Saturn Vue down and bringing my Sol back. From the beaches of Florida, through the hills and turns of the southeast to the mountains of Maryland ..all by myself. No wife, no kids...just me and my Sol. Anyone wanna beat that one?? :party:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
deepdawg said:
Since I live in Maryland and have ordered it in Florida (friends and family live there) my first trip will be a 1200 mile trek home! Might sound a lil crazy to some...but to me it sounds like heaven. I am driving my leased Saturn Vue down and bringing my Sol back. From the beaches of Florida, through the hills and turns of the southeast to the mountains of Maryland ..all by myself. No wife, no kids...just me and my Sol. Anyone wanna beat that one?? :party:
Sounds like the drive of a lifetime, 'dawg! Congratulations!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If the car comes in when they say it will. The end of October, My first trip will be driving it home and putting it up for the long Winter ahead. :brentil:

But, sometime next year, by the end of May (that's when they sweep all the salt and sand off of the roads,) I would like to cruise up to the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The Kangamangus Highway would be Awesome, for the little Car. Mitch :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
My first trip will be the ride home, it's 180 miles both ways on a nice drive (I-81 and I-70). I'll definitely have to pick it up on a Saturday since I'm in school 5 days a week this semester, come Monday though I'll do a campus drive though. I'm betting people turn their heads :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Archie said:
At the rate we're going, I'll be putting the plow on the front of it, just to get it home.

Archie
:lol: OMG...will someone PLEASE...and I mean PLEASE...photochop a Sol with a plow !! :glol:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Slow evening cruise down Main Street with a few stops for pedestrians to drool.
Then off to the winding roads of highway 9 for a drive down to the beach.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
deepdawg said:
Anyone wanna beat that one??
My trip isn't going to be nearly as long, but certainly just as cool if not cooler!

There's already an older thread on this so I'll just link to it and you can read about my trip on page 2. As long as I get my car by mid October at the LATEST, I'll definitely make that trip.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2691

And uhh... oh yeah, I couldn't resist! ;)

deepdawg said:
:lol: OMG...will someone PLEASE...and I mean PLEASE...photochop a Sol with a plow !! :glol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
dori-san said:
My trip isn't going to be nearly as long, but certainly just as cool if not cooler!

There's already an older thread on this so I'll just link to it and you can read about my trip on page 2. As long as I get my car by mid October at the LATEST, I'll definitely make that trip.

Ya know what? This car looks great no matter what it's doing!

·
Registered
245 Posts
deepdawg said:
man, that sounds like heaven. :yesnod:

·
Registered
245 Posts
dori-san said:

that's hillarious. it's perfect for canadian winters. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
jester316 said:
that's hillarious. it's perfect for canadian winters. :lol: :lol:
Yep. Now all those northerrners can quit complaining about when they get their car. They can take it out and plow the snow.

·
Registered
383 Posts
[/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is GREAT!! ...BTW I have Jags season tix 4 sale on ebay. I just moved to Maryland from Fla. GREAT PIC!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Too funny on the snowplow pic :lol:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I asked my wife the same question, and her answer to me was from the dealership to home!! :lol: I quess I asked for that answer. :)

Pure, fully loaded
Two Tone Leather

·
Registered
456 Posts
If it is delivered in the few winter months we have then I will just cruse down to Key West. But sometime in late spring I plan to drive the Dragon's Lair. For the uninformed that is across Deal's Gap on Hwy 129 in the Great Smokey Mountians in NC. there are 318 curves in 11 miles, seems perfect for the Sol.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts