Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty accurate article, from where I'm standing. :lol:

Industry analysts report sales of luxury vehicles are up for women over 45, and dealers report that more of them are walking into showrooms with more interest in horsepower than trunk space.

"I don't even call it a midlife crisis," Ms. Robinson said. "I call it an epiphany. I wanted to go back to being the person I remembered being. You were a person before you got married, before you had kids. I just decided to reclaim it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/12/fashion/sundaystyles/12cars.html

·
Registered
138 Posts
Go for it, lady.

I have found more and more women today know more about cars, what makes them go, and how they perform than ever before. The prosecutor in my court keeps joking that she wants to "run" my Solstice, when I get it, against her car. (somewhere the local motor officers will not see, of course.) We shall see about that when the time comes.

Point is that it's about time that salesmen start showing the ladies some respect when it comes to buying cars. They know what they want, and mostly they want the respect from sales people that that their wants are recognized as being valid, and that the dealers better pay attention, or they will go to a dealer that does. At least, that is what my wife told me to say! And since she picked out, and drives, a very quick little Infinity G35 Coupe, I would suggest she seems to know what she is talking about. :)

In addition, there is a "lady" down the street from me who drives a very black Shelby Cobra to work each day, and you can just bet that she knows every horse under that hood by its first name. I will probably not be running that Cobra with my Sol . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts