Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you change after reading this forum, seeing the solstice in person, or reading the specs.

My two main issues would be the engine and the trunk space.

I think Pontiac should have used the 4.2L engine from the trailblazer. 270 hp inline six. I do not know that it would fit in the current car but I think the 6 would be much better than a turbo 4 for performance. No turbo lag and no extra heat under the hood.

This engine would also put it in a better performance catagory ( with the Z4).

The trunk space should be larger and I don't know about access with the clam shell style of opening.

I can't wait to see one, my observations are from pictures only.
I must see one in person before I order.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Trunk Space!

I think the trunk space is the bigger of the issues as opposed to the HP. It would be nice to get 2 airline sized bags in the trunk for when you and the other half want to take it for a long weekend or otherwise.

I expect I will address this shortcoming with a luggage rack, but would have preferred to have them inside.

The engine should be easy to address. Some of the rice rockets today have kits to take them over 600HP. I am sure there will soon be a number of choices to expand the HP numbers. :lurk:

·
Registered
905 Posts
After I get a dual exhaust setup and a turbocharger I'l be set.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Has to be little more trunk space.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The only thing I wish I could change is my Wife's :cuss: mind and she would let me have a DEEP on too :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Aardvark said:
One word: coupe.
:agree:

And a few more horses would be nice

·
Registered
535 Posts
More color options and upholstery options! Maybe a turbo but that's it

·
Registered
193 Posts
Trunk space would be my one change as well. I'm still hoping that someone will come out with a supercharger kit and a hard top option.

·
Registered
152 Posts
for the low price, i don't think i would change anything.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd like to see an all tan interior and a tan top.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Smaller wheels and tires - make summer-only available.

About 100 more hp.

Active handling.

ABS STANDARD (actually, I'd like to see it mandated so we're all on a level playing field - MX-5 AND Solstice MUST have ABS standard... that way they can't point to each other as justification that they have it optional)

Uhhhh... $17,000 OTD? :D

Removeable lightweight hardtop.

Ditch the AFBTS's.

Bigger brakes (for the inevitable fade issues that will eventually be found...)

Built-in brake ducts for front and rear brakes.

Rollbar integrated to interior design - with easy provisions to complete a full cage (just wanted to see they gave some forethought).

I'm sure I'll think of more. Nothing is "perfect".

·
Registered
504 Posts
The here and now concerns me about the Solstice.I would change LITHAS location from somewhere (nobody knows) to my driveway.After its here I will be able to objectively decide what I would change. :yesnod: :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
BRG with tan interior

How did Pontiac launch a sports car with green exterior and only available in black interior? I understand the green exterior (envious green) and tan interior may be available later in the year, but I think the "car" guys in Motown really missed the mark on this one.

·
5,600 Posts
All4Roadsters said:
My two main issues would be the engine and the trunk space.
:agree:
Yup, you nailed it. Although I would add tan leather interior. Or black and tan two-tone. I cant stand the factory two tone-colors.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Lagniappe13 said:
How did Pontiac launch a sports car with green exterior and only available in black interior? I understand the green exterior (envious green) and tan interior may be available later in the year, but I think the "car" guys in Motown really missed the mark on this one.
:agree: I ordered Blk/Blk/Blk because there was no Green or Blue avail with a tan interior! My Montana (yes I own a mini-van) has 'deep' with a tan interior and it looks great (for a mini-van that is). Such an exiting car, such boring/limeted color choices.

·
Registered
265 Posts
in my driveway now. or better yet, me in it on the road now...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts